Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
a friend of mine put 50 rounds of 9 mm Tul Ammo thru his glock 26 with no problems. $9.57 a box at wal mart. federal is about a $1.00 more per 50 rd. box.

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
It's worth a dollar a box more to me to provide jobs in the USA.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
makes you wonder.. tula and wolf is made in Russia (actually i guess some wolf is made in Germany .22lr)

so thir labor cost should be lower, then they use steel case and (copper plated) jackets.

so.. with those cost saving differences their still only 50cents to a dollar less then brass cased ammo? made in the US? that seems surprising.

someones either producing at a loss or someones making a killing.. im guessing the latter is true.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
There's a little thing called import duty ... :)

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
tyw469 said:
I find this very interesting considering .45 acp in the Houston area is getting very very expensive. I think I might pick up a box or two of this Tula and see what it can do and how dirty the gun is after. Has anyone fired it through a 1911?
It works fine, I had a couple of light loads, no squibs or anything just light loads 2/100, i did get a bit more smoke from the barrel, (kind of a cool effect) but I didn't notice it being that much dirtier when I cleaned it...

·
Registered
31,700 Posts
Even Winchester White Box is fairly dirty. The only problem I've ever had with any Wolfe was with striker fired pistols as the primer shell may sometimes not be as evenly made or had a little thicker shell and I've notice a little lighter looking strikes or indentions with my PT145, and had one fail to fire out of a 100 rounds.

I never had any failure to fire with my Ruger P89 and Russian ammo, but that pistol has an exposed hammer. In any event, you will not be using the Wolfe as carry ammo anyhow, so it won't be a big deal if you have a misfire against paper.

Even though I haven't been reloading, I still save a lot of my .45 acp brass and that coupled with the idea of keeping Americans working makes the $1.00 a box difference definitely worth it to me, and less money going to foriegn countries.

·
Registered
29,717 Posts
Jake3501 said:
Even Winchester White Box is fairly dirty.
Yeah thats the funny thing, i would fire 50 Winchester white box, followed by 50 Tula, I did that twice and the Tula came out smokier both times. I don't really care it was just kinda strange, it reminded me of the old Korean war surplus stuff I used to be able to get actually. I had a friend years ago get a hold of an old wooden crate with metal cases of the stuff.... quite a few prairie dogs met an end to that crates contents! At that time you could get the old military coloured smoke flares, pop smoke in a hole....

·
Registered
4,345 Posts
I just don't see paying 9.47 for that non reloadable russian ammo that is steel cased, when you can buy 100 rounds of WWB for 21.99 in brass cases that is reloadable....

I'll stick to american ammo in my pistols at least.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Jake3501 said:
It's worth a dollar a box more to me to provide jobs in the USA.

Yep I have to agree. I like to buy american exclusively. I think we already have shipped enough money overseas.

I am surprised that there haven't been more comments here about it.

·
Registered
975 Posts
joecil said:
I kind of find it amazing that Wally world would select to sell a Russian brand of ammo. Hell the best ammo they sold was RWS at about $12 a box of 50. Now that is excellent ammo in that it isn't tuned down like the Federals they sell, 124 gr, shoots clean and is very accurate. I was told by the two local Walmarts in my area that no one will buy it say it is foreign made, go figure since it is rated one of the best ammo makers on the planet. Here it seems the Federals an Remington both are all they can sell. Even Federal doesn't list the stuff they sell at Walmart.
They probably wouldn't if they could find some marked "Made in China" .....like most everything else in their stores!!!

Sam must be spinning in his grave.

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
taptwice said:
They probably wouldn't if they could find some marked "Made in China" .....like most everything else in their stores!!!
Just like Target, K-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Sears and just about every other major chain.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts