Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put in layaway today,,,seems to be in nice shape,,that will be two SKS's in the safe by the end of next week

Any SKS fans out there ?

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
I have a pair of Russian SKS rifles. One in a Laminated stock, one in natural wood. I also have an Albanian SKS, a Romanian SKS, three Yugo SKS rifles (one a Model 59, a 59/66, and a 59/66A1), a Chinese Police SKS (OEM with a 20 round fixed mag), and an SKS-M (paratrooper that uses AK mags, but has no bayonet).

Think that I like them?

·
Registered
29,861 Posts
Have an early 90's Norinco "Paratrooper" version which is a bit of a queer duck to most.

It comes with a 16" barrel and takes standard 30 & 40 round AK-47 magazines.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I have a Yugo - fun shooting!

·
Administrator
39,476 Posts
Whats this? No pictures! :mad:

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
Yessir ! So far I only have a Romanian and a Chi-com that my son ended up with......I want a couple more to put Tapco stocks on.

Oh, by the way.......

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yep, I am a big fan. I used to have a Norinco as well as a Russian model. I wouldn't mind picking up another one someday if the price is decent.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a pair of Russian SKS rifles. One in a Laminated stock, one in natural wood. I also have an Albanian SKS, a Romanian SKS, three Yugo SKS rifles (one a Model 59, a 59/66, and a 59/66A1), a Chinese Police SKS (OEM with a 20 round fixed mag), and an SKS-M (paratrooper that uses AK mags, but has no bayonet).

Think that I like them?
yep ..you like'em..i have a Cowboy carbine ..as they was labeled in the day....which is a Chinese SKS para trooper with no evil bayonet lug... I have it scoped...

I almost was a able to snag a Paratrooper that accepted AK mags..but was hue-dooed by the pawnshop owner...

I have a over priced Nornico Sporter lined up at this time ..can't get the owner to budge....I'd like to have it as a deer rifle....

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Pic of my Para trooper with a 20rd. Mag... & without

·
Administrator
17,667 Posts
Congratulations on your Russian SKS! :cool:

I have an early milled Chinese SKS that I'm rather fond of. Would not mind collecting a Russian SKS as well!

Egyptian AKM, Chinese SKS, and Ruger Mini-30.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I had a Norinco that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with. I thought it would be a dandy way to save money on ammo... I just couldn't get used to the short sight radius or poor iron sights. My attempts to mount a scope on a rail mounted on the recoil cover were frustrating as the scopes kept coming loose no matter what I did and I got pissed and traded for a 24/7 in 9mm which I later traded for something else. I wished I had kept the rifle and had worked harder on the sighting issues. It was stone cold reliable and fun to shoot other than my ineptitude with it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a Yugo. Most reliable gun I've ever had. I've shot thousands of rounds through it without a single problem...

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I had a Norinco that I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with. I thought it would be a dandy way to save money on ammo... I just couldn't get used to the short sight radius or poor iron sights. My attempts to mount a scope on a rail mounted on the recoil cover were frustrating as the scopes kept coming loose no matter what I did and I got pissed and traded for a 24/7 in 9mm which I later traded for something else. I wished I had kept the rifle and had worked harder on the sighting issues. It was stone cold reliable and fun to shoot other than my ineptitude with it.
Sorry you had bad luck with your Norinco ,mine is very accurate ..and I have a B-Square scope mount that has been on the gun for over 12 yr.s ..with a few thousand rds down the tube...seems to be holding up fairly well...but theres always a exception ....

The B-Square scope mount ,is the Cadillac of SKS scope mounts..its like a shroud over the existing receiver cover...seems to work very well...

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I have a Yugo. I put a Choate stock on it. No idea how many rounds I've put through it. I kinda laugh when people complain about Taurus and cosmoline. This thing was absolutely covered with layers of the stuff.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Bump where were on the SKS, figured I'd ask you guys since I'm getting a Norinco in trade... how would you go about mounting a scope to one? Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Bump where were on the SKS, figured I'd ask you guys since I'm getting a Norinco in trade... how would you go about mounting a scope to one? Any thoughts?
I drilled and tapped my receiver. sks scope mount - Bing Images I have one of the rear receiver cover mounts and did not like it. You have to remove the scope to clean the gun and you lose zero.

·
Administrator
35,162 Posts
Most people put a dust cover on it that has a rail on top. Of course, every time you take the dust cover off to clean it, you'll have to sight in your scope again.

Some kits have a rail on the gas tube cover. It's further to see, but you hardly ever take that off either. ;)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts