Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
17,571 Posts
Well those lever actions would seem to go with their single action revolvers. I'm glad to hear that. Now if Windham Weaponry could get Bushmaster that would be....ironic.

·
Administrator
35,116 Posts
That's certainly great news. I can sure live with that.

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
A good move and one of which Marlin lever lovers will certainly approve.

·
Super Moderator
13,772 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
PSA bid on (and apparently got) the ammo production, not the firearm portion of Remington.
Doesn't look like they got the ammo business. They did Get DPMS, H&R, and other brands.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I bought a gently used Marlin 336 30-30 several years ago and it is one of my favorite guns. Quick to shoulder and very accurate. I hope that Ruger takes this ball and runs with it for many years to come.

If you are interested Lucky Gunner recently started a video series on the popularity of lever guns in the age of black rifles. Highly recommend.

Reactions: CJS3

·
Super Moderator
19,629 Posts
I just saw a blip that VISTA Outdoors was buying part of Remington Arms and ammunition. Guess that is the non Marlin part and the ammo part.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
Super Moderator
35,525 Posts
Well those lever actions would seem to go with their single action revolvers. I'm glad to hear that. Now if Windham Weaponry could get Bushmaster that would be....ironic.
Interesting thought, maybe they will market bundle deals.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Doesn't look like they got the ammo business. They did Get DPMS, H&R, and other brands.
Yeah, I saw that (after I had posted) - previously it had been reported that PSA had the high bid for the ammo production and all that was required was final approval of the bankruptcy court.

I'll be most interested to see what happens with the H&R branding (along with some of the others), the DPMS thing doesn't mean much to me as from what I've seen of PSA's AR's they were already along the same lines of quality as DPMS (this may just increase their ability to produce more but even that remains to be seen...LOL)

·
Registered
797 Posts
Ruger is a good match for the Marlin brand. During Marlin’s long history, they produced some of the slickest and most accurate lever action rifle ever produced. Ruger can now satisfy the demands by hunters, CAS competitors.and lever enthusiasts with a quality product..

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I foresee Blackhawk/Redhawk/model 94 package deals galore.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
I foresee Blackhawk/Redhawk/model 94 package deals galore.
I am thinking more along the lines of a lever Action Redhawk myself!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
I am a little worried about Vista getting the Ammo now vista owns CCI, Federal and remington ammo. I can see less choices and loadings down the road

1 - 20 of 21 Posts