Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard anything about when the SR9 will be re-released? I haven't seen any gun shops with any, not since the recall. I hope they get everything fixed soon, Ruger's rep is as a tough, no nonsense gun and it's a well deserved rep. I'd hate to see them take a hit because if the recall.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
My cousin is still waiting for them to send the stuff for the recall. I have fired the SR9 wow what a gun very nice and felt so good in my hands,he was gonna sell it to me but he changed his mind after he found out all the changes they are goin to make on it .

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
It will now have a Glock, XD, Sigma, M&P type trigger safety. This pistol positions Ruger favorably in the LEO market. Their reputation for building tough-as-nails pistols will certainly help, too. ;D

·
Registered
72 Posts
Well the rumor was that Ruger was going to fix the guns all the dealers sent back first. But that was just rumor. I know they are fixing them as some have gottem them back already. I hope to get to my favorite dealer this week to talk to him about stuff. See what he says. I should get my box in a week or so. I absolutely love my SR9 and can't wait to get it back so I can start carrying it again. I have small hands and it is the only double stack gun that feels good to me. It feels like it was made for my hand. As long as I like the feel of the new trigger I will be a happy customer.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wanted to bump this up. Anyone have one or fired one. My dad is looking to trade his PT145 up and see what he can get for it. He is looking at this one and id like some opinions.

He had no problems with his Pt145 was just to short for a .45. It tore up his trigger finger from the recoil.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
wow...im gonna show my dad that tomorrow. Hell i might even pick one up for my carry pistol.....geez.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I love mine. Great pistol.

Bill

·
Registered
567 Posts
I finally saw a couple for the first time at the local gun show last month.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
There kinda goofy looking but they sure seem to preform nice, just have to get over the look of it, its not as pretty as the 24/7 lol. How come they had a recall on them anyone know?

·
Administrator
35,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you didn't have the safety on, and it were dropped just so, the gun could fire. They are installing a passive trigger safety on all models now, a-la Glock. It should be noted, though, that as long as you had the safety engaged, there was no danger of an accidental firing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts