Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a single six 22lr/22mag.I ran the numbers it was made 1978. It's Blue 6 1/2 barrel ,rosewood grips finish 99%.Paid $250 Gun looks new,very tight action,smooth trigger,adjustable sights. I hope it will make a nice plinker. Anyone else have one?

·
Administrator
40,361 Posts
Don't have one, but would like too. A buddy has one and it is a great plinker and a lot of fun. How 'bout a pic? :thumb:

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Yep, pics are always greatly appreciated. :) Congrats on your purchase.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sounds nice, let us know how it shoots!

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have 2 stainless ones. they are both very accurate and I dont think you could ever wear one out if you tried! 2 of the best investments I have made in a long time. I think you'll enjoy it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I had one, made in 1973, one of the first runs of the new model. It was a 5-1/2" barrel with Rosewood grips. Very nice gun. Very accurate, too. Too bad, but some SOB stole it from me. The recent models do not have the finish of the older guns.
I, actually, chose a Heritage Rough Rider over a new Single six. Though the RR wasn't as pretty as the SS, the SS was NOT 2-1/2 times worth the RR. BTW, the Rough Rider is quite accurate for a SA .22.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Had one I use to hunt groundhogs with growing up . . . loved it wish I still had it

·
Registered
293 Posts
Nice catch and great little guns. I had one with a 4 5/8 barrel and it was surprisingly accurate. Sold it to a buddy who hounded me for it for years. Wish I had it back.

With the .22 mag cylinder in the fireball at dusk was quite impressive. :D

I know one should always wear ear protection with any pistol, even a .22 but the .22 mag just killed me. There is something about the sonic crack of a mag out of a pistol length barrel that just drives me up a wall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
shoots very well. Thank You all for your post i think i will be happy with this pistol. got to work on the pics my son has my camera. will post soon!

·
Registered
27 Posts
yup, I have one--a stainless new-model 5.5" convertible. It shoots very well, although the trigger is a little heavier than I'd like. I could do the "poor boy's trigger job" on it and pop-off one of the trigger-return-spring's legs, but that makes the leg rub up against the hammer spring, which makes cocking the thing feel funny and gritty. I'll probably get a set of Wolff springs for it to lighten it up, some.

·
Registered
34,139 Posts
Yup. I've got one I bought in 1967. My first handgun actually. It's a fun gun for plinking and it works pretty well on squirrels and rats as well. I used to go to the local landfill and shoot rats with it. I haven't shot the gun in more than 30 years. I clean it a couple times a year and it always brings back fond memories! Maybe one of these days I'll pack it into my range bag and run a couple rounds through it again.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I've seriously pondered buying the current version Single Six with the 9-1/2" barrel. There is just something about that barrel length that calls to me. :p

I just wish the Single Six was a Single NINE. That's the only reason I haven't bought a Single Six. What I wished I had bought years ago was the H&R 999 Sportsman revolver. 9 shots and a break open. ;D I did see one at a gun show a while back for $275. I just didn't want to part with my money that bad that day.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have the Heritage RR, 22lr/22mag, and I love it too. Accurate to a fault.

But If I found a Taurus 94, 4" barrel for the right price I would probably buy it. I found two at a gun show, but by the time I went back to the guys tables they were gone. I was kind of bummed. I like the idea of 9 shots.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
i've got one i inherited from my dad, came with 2 cylinders. i love it. also have an american heritage same type, 2 cylinders. it's a sweety as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have a new model 6 1/2 inch barrel blue made in 1981 and a 6 1/2 barrel in stainless made in 1977

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have a SSS in stainless, 6 1/2 inch barrel with the mag cylinder. Bought it in 1976 and it is the Centennial Model with (Made in the 200th Year of American Freedom) stamped on the barrel.

This gun has seen a hell of a lot of use and is still just as tight and shoots just as it did when I got it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts