STOCK/GRIPS: Wood
CALIBER/GAUGE: 327 Federal Magnum
CAPACITY: 7
BARREL: 5 1/2"
RATE-OF-TWIST: 1-in-16
SIGHTS: Adjustable
SAFETY: Transfer Bar
ADDL INFO: Unfluted Cylinder
ADDL INFO: Can also fire 32H&R Mag, 32 S&W Long,and 32 S&W (Short)
EXCLUSIVE: 2014 LIPSEY'S EXCLUSIVE

While I love shooting the 327 Magnum round, I love the way this Single Seven looks, but she just don't sit right in my hand. The grip feels too small and uncomfortable.

$475.00 Face to Face pick up in the DFW, TX area

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I just mentioned in another post this is gonna be my next purchase. Two problems: I'm about $460 short and I live in Kentucky. Good luck

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
JRJ - my wonderful husband, DH, installed a new Hogue grip on my Ruger single seven today for me and I took it (and DH!!) to the range after work and we just got home and I have a HUGE smile - from ear to ear- on my face!

The Hogue grip makes ALL the difference in the world! DH can now even hold it comfortably, too! Before, the grip was just too short for him. I went thru a whole box of 327 Fed magnum tonight just having a good time! I could have gone thru at least 2 more boxes of 327 FM in 100 gr!! That's a lot of snap, but it doesn't bother my arthritis at all in the configuration with this Hogue grip.

It shouldn't surprise me that this grip helps so much. We've put it on several other of our Ruger SAA with great success, too. Until we changed out the grip, my Taurus 327 felt so much more comfortable than the Ruger. I believe it was because I couldn't get a secure purchase on the Ruger grip frame with the smooth standard issue wooden grip. I LOVE wooden grips, but maybe a checkered wooden grip would have helped. We got the Hogue because we've used it before and I just wanted to see what would happen before I spent the money on a fancy schmancy checkered wooden grip for this revolver that I was still struggling to fall in love with.

Loading and un-loading is still not quite what I am used to with all of our other SAA, but from an accuracy and comfort point of view, this Ruger Single Seven is faaaabulous and I definitely LOVE it!;)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
That appears to be the Hogue Mono-Grip. I have one on my 6 inch Dan Wesson m15-2 and on my 6 inch Taurus m96. They work fine for me. They have a "tacky" feel which is good for the range especially with the magnums.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
So jrj you didn't try the Hogue grip? I would be more than happy to send you one, just to "see the smile" on your fsce after you try it!

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So jrj you didn't try the Hogue grip? I would be more than happy to send you one, just to "see the smile" on your fsce after you try it!
I appreciate that offer. I actually have a set due in the mail tomorrow.....LOL!!!! I wasn't expecting any interested party on the Single 7 so I ordered the grips off of Ebay.

But, after my day down at the ranch firing revolvers and semi autos I found that I am much more in favor of the semi auto firearms. Which is a complete reversal of a few years ago.

I guess my focus is to pick and choose a few that I really like and would carry, then to become as proficient as possible with these few.

·
Registered
14,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has sold and is in the hands of the new owner. An extremely nice gentleman almost 20 years my senior who loves old westerns and the firearms of those days.

He was like a kid on Christmas morning as he caressed that Ruger......made me feel all warm and fuzzy about selling it to him.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts