Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well it took awhile but I was finally able to shoot my Ruger Security 9 today. Some of you may remember I started a thread a while back asking for feedback on the Ruger vs. Canik. I went for the Ruger.

I shot 200 rounds of Remington, UMC, Winchester, and Blazer Brass all 115 grain. Zero FTF or FTE I am happy to report.

I have smallish hands (medium size glove) and the pistol was very comfortable and controllable. Trigger pull was just right for me, not too short, not too long. I did have one round leave the gun that surprised me a little but that was 100% user error on my part.

Shot between 10 to 12 feet.

The first target picture was the first three magazines of 15 each.

The last target picture was after some practice and getting used to the pistol.

I did not shoot any HP as I purchased the pistol mostly as a range gun but after seeing the results my next trip will include HP.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
It looks like my LC9 all grown up.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
9,091 Posts
Thank you for the range report. The Sec 9 is a very popular pistol, can't go wrong with a Ruger. I love my SR9C.

·
Super Moderator
38,000 Posts
Sounds great and good shooting! Those just got on my list..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Looks like a nice and handy gun - and you did have fun!

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Nice report! I recently got to shoot one that belongs to a customer at the range where I work. Like you, I was very impressed with the comfort and performance of this budget conscious pistol. It is on my "To Buy" list!:)

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Very nice.:cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts