Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my Ruger P95 out today for an informal range session and put 200 rounds of WWB 115 gr. fodder down the tube. Anyone else here own a P95? I know Qwiks has two but uncertain of who else owns one. ;D

·
Registered
514 Posts
I know it's not the P95, but I did shoot a KP89 today. Seemed like a pretty nice gun. Overall I really liked the feel, but I wasn't a fan of the slide lock. I think my buddy's going to buy one soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Good pistols!
I have put 1000's through a KP95DC (older decocker only model, no saftey or rails or any of that stuff)
Trigger is the best out of the box of any pistols I have, that single action mode is nice. Plus, if you do carry it, it can easily be decocked for true DA/SA action.
Big (compared to the PT145) fits my hand very well with a hogue handall, the plastic seems like it could get slick.

The only gun that has NEVER, not once, misfed, misfired or misejected a round. It will eat anything every time! I really like that pistol :) Good price too. 15 rd mags fit flush. It has been neglected since the pt145 came home, but it is a solid reliable firearm.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
I used to have a KP95DC as well (and a KP89DC previous to that). Mine never had any issues either. In some ways I wish I still had it around as a house/vehicle gun.

Steelheart

·
Administrator
35,632 Posts
If the P95 is the 45acp, then I had one until I got my 24/7. Very mixed feelings......I love my 24/7, but that Ruger single stack was utterly reliable and I've regretted not having it many times.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Your thinking of its cousin, the P97. The P95 is a 9mm.

Steelheart

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
We own two, one blue and one stainless. They are the earlier version, sans rail. Both are quite accurate, and have proven durable over the years. Much slimmer when compared to my P85 (pre-MarkI). There's also a KP90, a KP97DC, and a P345 in the gun safe. All are reliable, accurate, and built like little tanks.

·
Registered
696 Posts
My wife has a P95DC she picked up with her stimulus check following 9/11. It's the blue version, no rail, and ten round mags. She then bought me a P944TH for our first Father's Day together so I bought her 4 15 round mags for her P95. I like shooting her P95. It is very reliable. The only issue I have had with it is that it doesn't seem to like CCI aluminum cased shells. Out of a box of 50 it will stovepipe at lease once. It never fails with any other ammo. I am going to have to try the Houge Handall, as it does get a little slippery on a hot day!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
See if this works. I've tried to reply without any luck.
I have the older KP95 and just picked up the new style P95DC. I like the textured grips.
All the Rugers I've had have been rock solid. Still love my P89 the best.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I liked mine, but it duplicated in size a pistol I liked a little better, so I traded it. The thing about Rugers with me is that, while I like them fine, I usually like something else just enough better to get me to trade it off. Got rid of a 93 the same way... now THAT one I miss, only because it was slightly rare.

·
Registered
356 Posts
love mine very nice shooting gun

1 - 11 of 11 Posts