Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above.. has anyone got one, shot one? I quite fancy one of these but I would like some non-YouTube feedback and opinions. Like the fact they are threaded 'coz I've got a box of .22LR mods around the house.. and those guns look fun. What say you?

·
8,408 Posts
The 22/45 lite series are fantastic. A bit pricey over here but worth the expense. I owned one for a year or so, and it shot well, and wasn't ammo finicky. As with many of my guns, I try them out, write a review and then send them on their way to afford the next pistol. Personally I like the TX22 a bit more, but it will never last as long as a 22/45.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Can't speak to the Isle, but in the US, on occasion, you can find the 22/45 (non lite) for an excellent price, then buy the lite upper, or an aftermarket (such as tacsol) upper for the cost of buying a lite and have both a longer barrel and a treaded.

As for personal experience, I've only ever put a single mag thru one, but liked it....just don't like the cost of entry for it, nor do I really have a need for one

·
Registered
3,284 Posts
Tom, as a collector of .22 firearms for more than 6 decades I believe that I have more .22 pistols then most people have handguns in total and I can not think of a .22 pistol that I do not have experience with. That being said I do enjoy the 22/45 lites. I don't feel that they are the "best" in any particular category but if I had to pick the 5 top .22 pistols the Ruger Mk pistols would be on the list. The lite models have all the good things Ruger offers in their pistols with the addition of being light weight.

That being said, if I were recommending a .22 to a family member or anyone important to me personally it would be either a Ruger MK or a S&W Victory. Of the two my #1 choice would be the Victory, not for any particular reason except that I just like it a bit more.

There is no reason to preach the Ruger's good points.... years of people buying them and using them speaks volumes for their reputation.

If you should choose to buy the Ruger I am confident that you will be happy with your choice and it will give you and your heirs many years of good service!

Don

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Mine are MKIII with the Volquartsen MKII accurizing kits and the Tandemkross muzzle breaks instead of their thread protectors. The triggers in them is probably nicer than my MKII target models. At the moment I have an ACC Element II that I run on the fluted one for squirrels. I've been procrastinating on finishing up the green one. I wouldn't part with either one.

I hated the magazine disconnect. It made it a pain for disassembly. So getting the Volquartsen accurizing kits and a MKII hammer bushing was a must. MKIV magazines will work in them and for what ever reason, Ruger doesn't recommend them for the MKIII. There is a slight difference in the floor plate that leaves about 1/8" gap towards the back strap. MKIV magazines are cheaper than MKIII.

The pictures is a little outdated. The green one now sports an ADE micro green dot sight. The black one has a Primary Arms micro red dot that is no longer made.

On an experiment side, the green one has a setup in it to run .22 Shorts. The magazines have to hold onto the rounds a little longer to guide and I don't quite have them at 100% reliable, I'm close. The different recoil spring was a piece of cake. .22 Shorts out my suppressor is hilarious on how quiet they are.

Maloy

IMG_0158.JPG

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts