Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Ruger Mini-14 & Mini-30

9K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  Aberdog1 
I had a Mini 14 years ago. It was basically a plinker and a reason to buy all kinds of tacticool junk. I sold it to get money for my AR, and it has taken over as my reason to buy all kinds of tacticool trinkets. About four years ago, the Texas Dept. of Public Safety (highway patrol) switched from Mini 14s to AR 15s, and I had a chance to pick up a police surplus Mini with bayonnet mount, and LE marked Ruger 20 round mags. I got it at an insanely low price and now I buy trinkets for it.

Attachments

JR said:
Our neighbor has a very early MIni-14 rifle. It was out yesterday, along with the All-Weather that we own. His rifle ejects brass about 30', just like mine. Both will shoot into MOA for the first 5-7 rounds of a fast 20 round mag. After that it begins vertical syringing. Mine, with the flash-suppressor, strings less than his, which has none.

The All-weather has now passed the 2K mark without a strip and clean. No failures.
Might I recommend;
http://www.rogco.biz/homepageharbar.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.