Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
That's a nice looking revolver. What kind of critters do you come across in Guam? Mostly snakes?

·
22,844 Posts
Nice revolver!

22LR is a last resort carry caliber if any defensive use is possible, whether against man or beast. Unless the worst plausible beast is a rabid squirrel. Yes, it's killed lots of men, but far too slowly for defensive purposes, no matter what Ernest Hemmingway had to say. But I do know at least one person who carries 22; if it's the gun you're most comfortable, accurate, and reliable with... And if you're kicking around and want to be able to dispatch small threatening critters or other similar purposes, it's a good choice!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Nice looking gun. Why'd you ditch the laser?

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Looks like a good snake shooter and plinker/trainer. Personally as a carry gun, I don't find .22 or to be a good choice for me. Yes it's hell on snakes, but so is a 9mm, .357, .45, or a .44, and I carry a firearm chambered in one of those calibers whenever I am vertical. I have shot snakes with 22lr and the low noise aspect is nice but not nice enough to carry a second handgun.

As a general shooter the LCR22 would be hard to beat. Low cost, lower noise, good trigger, big fun. I would very much like to have one in .22lr and I hope very much that Ruger brings out the 3" barrel version in .22lr. If the price and availability were better than the SP101 .22lr, I'd be putting one on the list. That is my biggest beef with Ruger, not enough DA .22lr wheelguns. I've wanted a .22lr wheelguns for some time but finding a .22lr SP101 that is realistically priced at a time when I have the money to spare has not happened.

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
The reports I've read say the 22 trigger isn't as good as the lcr 38. Let me know how it goes, I would entertain one in 22 mag in a heartbeat if I thought my wife could pull the trigger. She has a hard time pulling a factory model 85 in DA.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice looking gun. Why'd you ditch the laser?
It seemed like a quality unit, but the activation was such that I may trip on in the holster and be dead when I need it and did not fit the holsters I had for it.

I was going to buy the magnum, but The small barrel makes for only 30 fps increase in velocity over the LR and has 2 less rounds.

I also really wanted an SP101 in .22LR. I like S&W but their 22LR J frames are expensive and have mixed reviews.

This was priced properly and had a laser and free box of CCI minimags.

Range report to follow.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
I think the LCR is a fine firearm. If they come out with a LCRX-3, I will have one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts