Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Ok well I'm looking for a concealed gun and I've seen that the LCP is actually pretty cheap and very compact. You cant really argue against the 101. Help me decide with what youve heard on the LCP.
Thanks

Administrator
Gee, I see no comparison between the two at all. LCP is very small and the 101 is not. If size is a consideration, then LCP. If it's caliber, then 327. These really are two entirely different animals.

Just my 2 cents worth. :angel: :zzz:

Registered
I agree with the guy from Texas. :D
If you want a pocket gun, get the LCP. All I've heard is some funny wear, but they seem to be doing fine. I don't think you'll find one very cheap though, if at all. $300?
The SP101 would be a nice carry gun as well, but doubt you'll want to carry it in your
pocket.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Its very hot where I live. So I need something more on the concealment side. I really like the 101 but it may be too heavy but is an undesputed great revolver. The LCP is new and I mainly want reliability and compactness. Of course reliability is number one with compactness a close second. So basically what you are all saying is that the LCP is a good reliable gun if I decide to go that way.

Registered
I agree with the guy from Texas. :D

OR, a Taurus 85UL has to be a Top contender too...

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I agree or with the 605. I own a few taurus' and although I think they are good guns. I think the rugers are very smooth and much nicer that'd I'd be willing to pay the extra 100 bucks for it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Actually I just realized Kel Tec makes a 9mm. How are those?

Administrator
The Kel Tec P9, I believe it is, is a bit larger than the P3AT. Very concealable. I don't own one , but have shot 'em. I think they are meant to be carried a lot and shot a little. They do get a little rough on the hand after 25 or 30 rounds.

Registered
The supply of Ruger LCP's is still extremely limited. I've been trying to get one locally for the past month with no success. A month an a half ago I spotted a hard chromed Kel Tec P3AT at a gun show for $235 and passed on it because I was looking for the LCP. Now I am kicking myself in the butt for that bad decision.

Registered
I have a Kel-tec P11 9mm. It is 14 oz. unloaded. East to carry and nice to shoot. I have right around 1000 rds. through mine.

Registered
I also have a P-11. Carrys very nicely. You can get a belt clip for it and it goes
IWB with no holster. I have been trying to sell my KelTec 32, but with the
LCP being so hard to find, I may just keep it. If you can wait til ?? I think you'll like the LCP.

Registered
I have an SP-101 in .357 and it's great. Has a good heft, easy to aim and shoot. It's heavy enough that shooting .38s is fun, and .357 is manageable. I wouldn't want to shoot .357 in anything lighter! However, it's turned out to be problematic for casual carry. IWB is just fine, but it weighs too heavy in a pocket--for example it makes a jacket look lopsided.

I've ordered an LCP and have yet to try it out. In the meantime my PT 140 is my favorite concealed carry--it's flat and short, and looks cool!

Administrator
I have the PF9 and it's billed as the 'thinnest 9mm ever made'. All I know is, it's pretty thin at .88 inch and the sights are excellent for such a diminutive pistol. Recoil isn't all that harsh, but it is sharp.

Registered
I have a P3AT esay to carry but not a range gun,shoots right on and that is what counts,i have a 605 a little heavy for a pocket at least my pocket i have a iwb that works great. i was looking at the 101 also couldn't find one local then i ran into the 605 and am happy as could be with it and it was cheaper than a 101 with a life time warranty

1 - 17 of 17 Posts