Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if Ruger has discontinued the LCP 380Gen1? They have released the new LCP 380 Gen 2. Ruger still has Gen 1 on their web sight but can't seem to find a definitive answer. Thanks

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
I'm not sure. It's hard to keep up with Rugers product line.
Seems like they are constantly introducing new and improved, and discontinuing others.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
I bought LCP 380 Gen 1 last year about this time at Academy here in Ft Worth.

·
Registered
478 Posts
A lot of them seem to be distributor's exclusives. Ruger will do that sometimes. I know they did a run of one of the SR series guns recently for a distributor exclusive, after the whole line had been dropped.

Only one I'd be interested in is the Davidson's exclusive with the real sights. When Ruger put of the LCP II, they changed a bunch of things they didn't need to change, and didn't fix the crappy sights, which I'd rather they did.

·
8,683 Posts
The LCP is still being sold, see quite a few on gunbroker. With a spring job, the trigger on the old style LCP is very manageable. Not sure if Ruger is still producing or the ones for sale are from old stock.

·
Registered
402 Posts
The LCP that is current for sale is a "Gen 2". The first generation had much smaller sights than the current model, which has been around about 7 or 8 years, I guess. Now the LCP II is a completely different animal, with nothing in common with the first or second generation LCP models.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I purchased one recently. I estimate 4 months ago for 260. I see them still available now for 299.

Great pocket pistol. Houge grip is very helpful. Long true double action trigger. My wrist and palm hurts after about 50 rounds. Hard to shoot due to small size and long trigger pull. Also trigger is plastic.

All that being said I absolutely love it for the reason that it's so tiny and that it is a little difficult to shoot. It really makes me focus on trigger and sight alignment.

Take down requires a piece of paper and a spent shell to get the pin out. This pistol definitely has its purpose. I call it my highly concealable get away from me now gun.

Living in the north it's harder to pull a full size from an iwb holster. That makes this little guy a perfect option to stick in your coat pocket.

Other obvious advantages are that it doesn't print. I have put this in my pocket with the supplied holster in sweatpants and it was difficult to tell that I was carrying a pistol.

·
Registered
478 Posts
The LCP is still being sold, see quite a few on gunbroker. With a spring job, the trigger on the old style LCP is very manageable. Not sure if Ruger is still producing or the ones for sale are from old stock.
The trigger on the original LCP is quite managable, and quite appropriate for what it is. (IMHO & YMMV).

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have a gen1 LCP "custom" model. The differences I'm aware of with the custom vs the standard LCP gen 1 are a red aluminum trigger and taller sights. I carry this every day. It's so light I really do forget it's in my pocket sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts