Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out window shopping with my son today at a local firearms dealer in Western PA. They had the new Ruger LCP .380 in the back & brought it out for us to hold. It will disappear in the hand and in the pocket. Was the same size as the KelTec. They were selling them for $235 as they come in. They have a backorder list they are going by.

Has anyone bought one of these? This is now Number One on my wish list. I saw a video of one being fired on Down Range TV with Michael Bane. It was very controllable.
Has anyone shot one?
Has anyone else been tempted by one of these?

·
Administrator
40,671 Posts
Yep, I was tempted. Got tired of waitin' for one to show up around here and bought the Kel Tec P3AT. Got to fondle one last week and the only real difference is that the Ruger is prettier and has a manual slide lock. I like my Kel Tec, but I may have to have a LCP as well. Haven't shot one yet. :thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
The video is what sold me. I usually have to handle a gun before deciding to buy it, but going on intuition, I went ahead and ordered one, and I'm still waiting for it to come in. I paid $319. I'm a Wheeling native, and I'd make a trip back home just to get one for $235... great price! What's the name of that dealer?

·
Super Moderator
35,597 Posts
They've had some teething problems reported, seem to be a little ammo picky. I'll wait a while, let 'em get any bugs and recalls out of the way. I just shot my gun budget on a Mk 2 .22 anyway. I'll have to build that back up.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
forfun said:
They were selling them for $235 as they come in.
That's about $100 under what the current online rate is for the LCP. My dealer quoted $295, if they ever get some in.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I've also been tempted. At $235 it seems cheaper than any 3AT I've seen. They are usually in the $280 range and higher at local gun shows.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Indrid Cold, that firearms dealer in Western PA is ACE Sporting Goods in Washington, PA. 15301. People are very nice. As to some of the other comments. Yes the LCP does look a whole lot nicer than the KEl TECs. It appeared to be a nice Pocket Carry Pistol. I just hope that soon they will become more available. Maybe Ruger will step up production?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
$235 is a great price, unless you can't get one. ;D
I've seen them used for $300 +

·
Registered
212 Posts
Thanks forfun, I'll keep that place in mind. Looks like my LCP just came in--took about a month but it's here. After I break it in I'll report back.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
So I was at the gun show in Vegas today. Two of the booths had the Ruger LCP .380 for, get this, $389.00!!! No other booths had one. I asked the guy at the first booth if he had meant to put $289.00 on the tag, instead. He flat out told me he had already sold two at that price and the $389 was payback for having to put up with 5 calls per day for the past 6 months. I could tell he was truly enjoying being able to stick it to the buyers.

It was great to be able to inspect the little gun and see for myself it is very well made. But at $389, I can wait until the supply is greater and the price comes down.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Strange, the retail stores where I quoted prices are sure no bargain basements, but they were only asking MSRP ($330) or below. Maybe a larger dealer with connections won't be jacking the price like that. It's ridiculous.

I just picked mine up and was stunned at how tiny it really is. Grip will be a challenge--I can just get my ring finger on the bottom of the grip, and I don't have big hands. The fit and finish is really nice, worthy of Ruger.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got to hold one yesterday. Pretty nice, the guy said they put 300 rounds through it with no issues. A HUGE waiting list, but it was priced at under $265 IIRC

1 - 12 of 12 Posts