Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
I had a LCP and the things I hated about it, crappy trigger and no last round hold open, are the reason I found the TCP and ended up here. I wanted a Spectrum but nope. Then I got the Glock 42. It's a better weapon than the Ruger but it's too big for pocket carry. So I got the LCP2. They fixed the trigger and the hold open. Great gun. Nice and small. Fits in my pocket. Get one.

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I never liked the looks of the original LCP....Or the trigger...The slide lock open is not a deal breaker for me
i am used to it on my Diamondback....Don't really need another pocket 380 but that is no fun:D

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
My wife wanted a pocket .380. We went to the LGS and they had an LCP, LCP2 and and LCP Custom which was really unusual, especially new. You don't see them much. I tried really hard to convince her to go with the LCP2 but she ended up choosing the custom. To answer your question, I researched them all heavily and you will be happy with the LCP2. Trigger is nice and you have the hold back feature. It's a solid choice.

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
IF I was in the market for a .380ACP, the LCP2 would be very high on the list, if not #1.
Those that I know that own one give it very high marks, and commend Ruger for actually listening to customer comments on how to improve the LCP that were implemented in the LCP2.

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
I traded my jam-prone TCP for an LCPII. Good move. Love the LCPII. I don't want to go through all the details again so if you do a search on 'TCP trade' or somesuch I'm sure it will come up. Looked at the Bodyguard and the LCPII and the Ruger was the better gun IMHO.

Reactions: panfish

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I would recommend a Taurus TCP 738 over a Ruger LCP II. My mother owns one, I've handed it, and it left a really positive impression on me.

The Taurus TCP 738 is much cheaper than a Ruger LCP II, and if your TCP breaks in the future once the Spectrum comes out, they'll most likely allow you to replace it with a Spectrum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I don't have an lcp2, but I do have an lc9s and it has a great trigger. I've got glocks and m&ps and the lc9s has possibly the best striker fired trigger I own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
I'd carry my .380 more, but I have barn cats, now, that take care of the mice. :D

Reactions: slong115

·
Registered
36,935 Posts
NOPE!
MY pocket carry is Sig Sauer 238, has been now for several years.

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I'd carry my .380 more, but I have barn cats, now, that take care of the mice. :D
Sadly, I can find no humor in jokes like this after having been acquainted to folks who honestly think/feel this way.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the kind of gross incompetence and utter lack of respect for deadly weapons I've seen coming from folks here on the Internet. It really is scary sometimes to read comments from folks online who are completely ignorant of the wounding potential of bullets and showcase a level of carelessness which is a but guaranteed to result in injury or death because the person honestly believes that certain bullets are virtually harmless.

No kidding, I once saw a guy who referred to .22LR firearms as "Toys" and he meant it, not to mention a guy who believed that a heavy winter coat could deflect .32 ACP. Perhaps worst of all is the fact that no amount of evidence to the contrary seems to sway them, ergo they continue believing that certain rounds are practically harmless much less deadly even after you try to teach them by showing them otherwise.

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Sadly, I can find no humor in jokes like this after having been acquainted to folks who honestly think/feel this way.

Seriously, you wouldn't believe the kind of gross incompetence and utter lack of respect for deadly weapons I've seen coming from folks here on the Internet. It really is scary sometimes to read comments from folks online who are completely ignorant of the wounding potential of bullets and showcase a level of carelessness which is a but guaranteed to result in injury or death because the person honestly believes that certain bullets are virtually harmless.

No kidding, I once saw a guy who referred to .22LR firearms as "Toys" and he meant it, not to mention a guy who believed that a heavy winter coat could deflect .32 ACP. Perhaps worst of all is the fact that no amount of evidence to the contrary seems to sway them, ergo they continue believing that certain rounds are practically harmless much less deadly even after you try to teach them by showing them otherwise.
Lighten up. I carry a .22 constantly as a back up and have been known to carry a .22 mag as a primary when deep concealment is necessary.

I just really don't see carrying my .380 as a primary when my 9mm or my .38 carry so easily in the same space. It's just a spare carry at this point.

Mouse guns have their place. :D

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Only problem with that is....We don't know if the Spectrum is ever coming out
..and if you get a jam prone TCP like mine was, its useless as a defensive weapon. Got the Ruger LCPII and it runs great. If my TCP was reliable I'd have kept it. It wasn't so I didn't.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Brand Fanboys, caliber snobs, and others be damned, the LCP II is worthy of your serious consideration. Hopefully you will be able to borrow or rent one to see if it is right for you.

It is right for me...

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Lighten up. I carry a .22 constantly as a back up and have been known to carry a .22 mag as a primary when deep concealment is necessary.

I just really don't see carrying my .380 as a primary when my 9mm or my .38 carry so easily in the same space. It's just a spare carry at this point.

Mouse guns have their place. :D
Sorry, but it's impossible for me to find that sort of joke funny when there are folks out there who are legitimately ignorant in regards to the wounding potential/lethality of smaller firearms cartridges, especially considering their inherent potential disregard for safety.

Believe me, I have no issue whatsoever with your choices in carry, I actually carried a .22LR pistol for a good nine months while I was researching/saving for my full-time EDC, and would one day like to get myself a North American Arms Sidewinder in .22 Magnum for deep concealment.

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
I am on the other side of the fence, spend some time with a Curve and you
will be amazed at the accuracy , low recoil , and ease of concealment........................
And the trigger is great , TCP smooth...................

Reactions: panfish

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
Sorry, but it's impossible for me to find that sort of joke funny when there are folks out there who are legitimately ignorant in regards to the wounding potential/lethality of smaller firearms cartridges, especially considering their inherent potential disregard for safety.

Believe me, I have no issue whatsoever with your choices in carry, I actually carried a .22LR pistol for a good nine months while I was researching/saving for my full-time EDC, and would one day like to get myself a North American Arms Sidewinder in .22 Magnum for deep concealment.
Seems like a manufactured concern to me. Nobody's dumb enough to stand in front of a .22's muzzle and take one to make the point. If they are, they need to be weeded out of the gene pool anyhow. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had a lcp even after changing the trigger and adding a Hogue grip I hated shooting it. I now have a colt mustang pocketlite and love it.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 86 Posts