Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ruger LCP 10TH Anniversary range report. UPDATED

Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

I'll update when I get something new to try.

Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.

·
23,195 Posts
Tiny .380s are tempermental. Hope it gets fixed and back to you soon! Sounds like a great day out with your wife, though!

Reactions: pegasus

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to hear that your LCP 10th Anniversary Edition is a lemon, but fortunately, Ruger is well-known for having exceptional customer service, so they should set everything right quickly.

I got a Ruger LCP 10th Anniversary Edition myself a couple weeks ago, but I still haven't gotten the chance to take mine out to the range yet. Once I do I'll be posting a range report of my own, hopefully one with more promising results.
One of my big reasons for buying Ruger is the customer service. I've got no reservations about buying anything they make for that reason.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Rural King had them on sale for $199 2 wks ago. The wife had just recently shot my old standard LCP and decided she wanted one so I ordered one. Took 5 days before I got the phone call that it had arrived and I went and picked it up, $224 out the door.

Took it to the range today along with my old one and my sccy cpx2. The old LCP and the Sccy were flawless, no issues at all. The new LCP not so much. I fired the first two rounds with no issues, after that it never extracted another round. I tried 3 different ammo brands, 4 different magazines, different recoil springs, even swapped the barrel. I cleaned the entire gun again and removed the extractor and cleaned it with a wire brush. No help, so I guess it's going back to the mother ship Tuesday. The only good thing about it is she got to see first hand why I don't want her to carry it until she's extremely familiar with clearing a jam and has at least 300 rounds without a failure.

I'll update when I get something new to try.

Another great thing for the day, we went to the range 10 miles from the house for the first time instead of the free range at the national forest. She was impressed enough she's willing to pay the $300 a year for the family membership.
I'm glad you had a great time with your Wife and at the range. Found this in open source:

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
I'm considering swapping the extractor from my original to see if that changes anything. They're easy to swap.
Just have Ruger look it over, they'll fix whatever is wrong. No sense is possibly disabling your one working LCP by removing a part from it then using it in your other LCP when that might not even be the problem to begin with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
New respect for stamped steel gun parts. Funny thing about this Taurus gun forum.....Taurus firearms are hardly ever talked about. Is it unfashionable to gush about your Taurus firearm here ?? Hahaha

·
23,195 Posts
You're right! I've been way too quiet about the model 66 I just got!

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Wood

Seriously though, this thread is in the "other handguns" subforum. There are subforums for Taurus revolvers, the 700 series, the 1911s, and more.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
They should have kept copying the KelTec P3AT design. :icon_ poke:
You mean like how Taurus copies Smith & Wesson and Beretta designs? :D

New respect for stamped steel gun parts. Funny thing about this Taurus gun forum.....Taurus firearms are hardly ever talked about. Is it unfashionable to gush about your Taurus firearm here ?? Hahaha
If you look at the precise subforum we're on right now, you'll see that we're on the Other Handguns subforum, which is devoted towards the discussion of non-Taurus brand firearms.

Plenty of folks here obviously love their Taurus firearms, but you'll have to view the proper subforums to see it.

·
Registered
37,059 Posts
You mean like how Taurus copies Smith & Wesson and Beretta designs? :D

ahh- I really think that when they STOPPED this is where the ship began to run aground myself!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Yep, Taurus actually had some of the finest-looking bluing available up until around 2015 when they ditched it for their craptastic matte black finish.

That's why if you're going to buy a Taurus nowadays, you're better off getting it in Stainless Steel, because at least then you can polish it or have an aftermarket finish applied that at least looks like bluing.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ruger sent me a shipping label today so they'll have it Wednesday. Fingers crossed it's something quick and simple. Funny thing is, of the many many firearms I've bought this is the very first time I've ever had to mail one off for repair.

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just got an email from Ruger, my LCP will be back at the house tomorrow via FedEx. 9 calendar days from the day I mailed it to the time it's back at the house is pretty darn good in my book. I'll update after a range trip this weekend.

·
Registered
37,059 Posts
I just got an email from Ruger, my LCP will be back at the house tomorrow via FedEx. 9 calendar days from the day I mailed it to the time it's back at the house is pretty darn good in my book. I'll update after a range trip this weekend.
Yep!
good customer service department!
of course I have had extremely great support form Beretta, CZ, and Ruger in the past.
Hell Beretta swapped out a non repairable pistol and had it back to me in less than 10 days, CZ replaced/installed a bad Tritium front sight and had it back to me in less than 6 days, and all at no cost to me.
Colt took a bit longer and didn't really fix the weapon.
Most brands I have had very, very little problems that needed to be addressed by the manufacture considering the number of firearm that I own and have owned over the years..

·
Registered
5,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got it back today and Ruger's letter said they replaced the slide and barrel. Also states they fired 24 rounds of 95gr lawman ammo with zero malfunctions.

I just came in from the backyard, I fired 100 Winchester 95gr fmj, 50 Remington for 95gr fmj, 25 Hornady Critical Defense 90gr flex tip, and 25 Hornady 90gr xtp, zero malfunctions except a small blister on the web of my hand.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts