Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a pic of a new Ruger gp100 that I traded a Charles Daley field grade shotgun for. Shoots real nice I would highly recomend.

Jay ;D

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
beautiful gun and they are built like tanks :D
I had one and wish I would have kept it..all my buddies had auto's so i traded it..
funny thing now is ..I own a revolver again and no autos..lol :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I have a 3" GP100 with fixed sights. I carry it quite often in a good OWB leather holster and barely notice it.

One thing about Rugers as dbsoundguy said---built like tanks. This revolver can handle and .357 load you could imagine.

Now I'm waiting for Ruger to make it in a 5-shot .44 Magnum. :)

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Job well done! The GP100s are, IMO, one of Ruger's very best creations ever (along with the time tested 10/22 carbine)

·
22,021 Posts
Taurus_9mm said:
Job well done! The GP100s are, IMO, one of Ruger's very best creations ever (along with the time tested 10/22 carbine)
Don't forget the Security Six..Still wished they made them.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
I think the lock-up on the GP's are a bit better than the Security and Service Six models....just my opinion.

·
Administrator
35,311 Posts
'built like tanks' is putting it mildly.....they can be dirty, and have tens of thousands of rounds through them, and they just keep on firing......

Don't feel too bad DBSoundguy, if you don't own a pistol but own a GP100, you're doing okay..... :)

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
But he doesn't have a GP100 any longer. :'(

·
Administrator
35,311 Posts
AH - I thought DBS started the link.....sorry about that.... :-[

·
22,021 Posts
We were carrying sec six's in 85 when I was a deputy sheriff. The Gp's were just coming out. Well I had to have one. I tried twice to qualify with the GP and failed. This after doing well with the sec six and a Colt Peacekeeper. To recover my pride I borrowed a snub Smith .357 and qualified with it. Now that was a long time ago and I hear nothing but good things about the GP but at the time the GP was not an improvement over the six. I wasn't the only officer that was less than pleased at the time. I owned mine for 3 weeks and traded it for Guess what?? My first gen PT92 :) :) :). After that I went into aviation and the department went to autos so I didn't keep up with the GP's saga. Now that I have been beck into shooting for a few years it seems it survived and has become popular..

·
Administrator
17,825 Posts
Congrats Jay!

I like Ruger Revolvers, too! I have a 3 inch Speed Six in .38 Special. Have thought about collecting a 4 inch Security Six. Many of my Shooting Friends have GP100's and like them!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
airwrench said:
Don't forget the Security Six..Still wished they made them.
Never, that'd be blasphemy. :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts