Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy the rumor mill sure is churning lately. Then again if the following is confirmed by Ruger then I'll believe it....when Ruger says they're putting a new model out they do it----fast:

A little birdie at the Shot Show told me that Ruger plans to make a GP-100 5-shot .44 Magnum in 4-inch and 6-inch configurations. Now wouldn't that be interesting? A little competition for the Tracker in .44 Mag?

Lets' wait and see...

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
That would be cool. And of the medium frames out there the GP-100 is about the strongest. I wouldn't be surprised if it'd take more abuse than a Smith 629.

All these changes makes me wonder what happened to Ruger? Not that I'm complaining mind you...

Steelheart

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
You know, I've never owned a .44 magnum, & I've
always wanted one. Hmmmmmmm.... :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to the forum tico, glad to have you with us.

Regarding a GP100 in .44 Magum, that would be very interesting. There are some diehard .41 Magnum fans out there as well -- a limited run in .41 Mag for those people would be the icing on the GP100 cake. www.rugerforum.net

·
Registered
65 Posts
They put either out and I might just have to buy one. Break out my ole shoulder rig, and play some Dirty Harry "Do ya feel lucky punk" at the local range.

jt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts