Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,006 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us own many manufacturers' offerings, so I have to share my recent experience with Ruger. I am impressed. I'd purchased a MKIII a while back, and one of the two mags that came with the gun just never worked right. So I emailed Ruger explaining the situation, and they replied within 24 hours offering a replacement mag. The mag arrived in 4 days! They even included a postage paid return envelope for the defective mag. Kudos to Ruger! :cool:

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
That's GREAT!! I recently had a very fast turn around time with Ruger, too. The outcome is not exactly what I would have wanted, but they were super professional and very fast! Way to go, 88! and thanks for telling us! It's good to spread the Good News!

Reactions: mingaa

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
They are pretty good. I has to send my SR45 in and they sent me a return label as soon as I got off the phone with them. I did have to call and complain a bit because initially Ruger would not let FedEx hold my gun for pick up at the terminal when they returned it but that got straightened around fairly quickly.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Customer service is only as good as the people who work for a company, and in today's market, companies are working hard to put the right people and policies out front. Good report 88.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
27,166 Posts
Only time I had to deal with Ruger CS was on a recall. Also great experience. They sent me a hat and a spare magazine for my trouble.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
And you are a happy camper.

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Something else not generally known about Ruger Service....

If you are buying parts from Ruger and you e-mail them a copy of your CCR (those who have them) they will extend you a very hefty dealer discount!

Been there, done that, got the tee shirt!

Don

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
I got a old single action Blackhawk that should have the recall done but I'm so use to carrying it with the hammer down on a empty chamber that I don't think it would be the same if repaired....

Reactions: stickem2

·
Registered
36,085 Posts
I have had 2 dealing with Ruger, both were very well handled.
while 1 took extensive time they told me upfront due to the age of the weapon (discontinued) that they may not have parts avialable to repair it.
they did, even after about 6-7 calls to me bout how it was progressing and how I wanted to handle certain repairs.
actually I have had great customer service from Beretta as well.

Reactions: Sekol

·
8,399 Posts
Ditto here for Ruger CS. SAme problem as the op - had a bad MarkIII mag - called ( hold time less than 2 minutes ) , had the replacement mag in 4 days - with a return mailer already paid for to return the bad mag. Stellar!!

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Glad to hear the good report!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
Mentioned this here before, but I have a 1984 Mark II. Over the years I had begin to notice a little play between the frame and the upper. Emailed them about it. Within 30 minutes, a lady called, and asked me to send it in. She offered me a discounted shipping label, which I took. Mailed the pistol out on a Thursday. The following Thursday, FedEx returned the gun. Ruger had replaced the take-down pin, replaced some worn trigger parts, replaced a badly worn magazine, fired 40 rounds into a provided target, and returned the gun. FREE!!

Decades ago, I bought a P85, one of the originals, not a Mk.II Sent the gun in for the firing pin recall. I had removed the magazines prior to shipping. They returned the gun with TWO new magazines. One was for the recall, the other? Just good CS, I guess.

·
Registered
5,006 Posts
That's cool and good to know. That is just as important as what you want to buy.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
My gunsmith sent in my 1970's Ruger single six after he was having a hard time repairing it. When he sent it to them I asked for a price to have a new 22mag cylinder fitted (old one missing when I bough gun) cylinder was $80.00 plus fitting. After getting my gun Ruger called and said that due to the excessive wear (40+years of lots of shooting) they would like to replace the gun with a new one for $180 for everything including my ffl fees. I said OK an received new SS single six. Not bad for a company hat does not have warranty on their guns. Here it is

1 - 14 of 14 Posts