Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Ruger PC9 and really like that little carbine quite a bit. I've recently heard that Ruger either will or has discontinued the PC9 and PC4 series, 9mm and .40S&W respectively.

Anyone else own one and like them as much as I like mine? Also does anyone here have a Beretta CX4 carbine, and if so, wha's your opinion?

I haven't purchased one though have given thought to getting a Storm in 9mm also. I'm not sure I'd like it anymore than my Ruger however. ;D

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a PC9GR that I've shot a few times. It's a bit on the heavy side, the trigger pull is a little heavy, but other than that a great little gun for it's intended purpose. Good heavy hitting plinker to about 70 yards and a good home defense gun, especially along side my P89DC. I need to get out and shoot it a little more, but it's hard to find a place to shoot. Guess I'll join the local gun club.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Iv'e got a PC9. I heard they re getting rid of them and it's to bad. The CX4 is also an awsome carbine. My buddy has one and it's a blast to shoot. I've thought about getting one chambered in 45acp.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's been almost 10 months since I initiated this thread.

My PC9 is still merrily chugging along and eating practically everything it's fed. I say practically due to an issue a few months back with PMC Starfire which it didn't like, but everything else has been flawless through it. I hated to see Ruger discontinue these carbines, especially without having produced and released a 45 ACP version as well. There would have been a small quantity on hand anyhow for those of us who really wanted one. ;D

I've held off on the CX4 Storm in 9mm due to the price. I'd consider paying more for the Storm in 45 ACP if hi-caps were available and not being limited to just 8 round magazines. Any of our newer members have any experience with the Storms in 45 ACP [or 40 S&W and 9mm for that matter?]

:guns: :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts