Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
That's a great looking rifle, and I can attest to the quality of Ruger's bolt action rifles.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the price will be right to I guess its a budget bolt action, sounds good to me.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
I have been sold on the Ruger M 77 action since about 1977, it's gonna be hard for me to want anything else. I really like a wood stock.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I have been sold on the Ruger M 77 action since about 1977, it's gonna be hard for me to want anything else. I really like a wood stock.
Yeah a bolt action is a very traditional rifle and a wood stock is a traditional stock, I can amagine alot of people would agree with ya. There might be a market for this I think, hard telling... I mean the M77 action really works well I dunno why you'd change it cept for cost... I guess their trying to make a more cost affective rifle you won't get upset over if you drop it from a stand into mud or something. Retail is 449 so lord knows where that'll be in your shop I would guess under 400 though. I'd like to see them put a polymer stock on that gunsite scout rifle but that's not really a traditional blued steel and walnut gun to i mean it has peep sites and a flash hider with a detachable mag.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
Scrabtree said $449. Before Christmas, I had my eye on a M-77 in .357 Magnum which it was short barreled, probably 16" and had a rotary magazine, I guessed for a kids rifle, but pricey around $750. Maybe make the Ruger American in .357 or .243 and that would work really well for a kids gun, and I would probably even spring for one in .357

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hopefully they make it in different chamberings they should, right now it's just in 243 270 30-06 and 308, but yeah rugers site has it at 449 which like I said I expect it to be under 400 at the store.

·
Registered
31,910 Posts
Well, I have been thinking of a .308 for some time in bolt action. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in holding one and working the bolt. To me, a bolt must glide into place. Maybe someone will eventually come out with an aftermarket Walnut stock!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah if this rifle takes off I'm sure you'll see some nice stocks for it. I'd like to see a version in .223 also, which I'm sure that's something we'll see also... if it works smooth and comes in at the price I'm guessing this might be a winner for ruger. I'm interested to see what else they come out with at Shot show... maybe an SR45? Maybe a 22 conversion kit for the SR series of pistols?

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I like the look of this new Ruger rifle! I am in the market for a new .30-06 after trading my Savage Edge on a Beretta Neos. This one would be great!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The price is sure right I'm seeing them on GB going in the 300 dollar range.

·
Administrator
17,825 Posts
Interesting! The action is quite different from the original M77 Action, which was derived from the Mauser 98, which I prefer. Looks very strong as all Rugers are, but the extractor is quite different fro mwhat I am used to dealing with in a Bolt Gun.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I really like the Remington 700 SPS Sniper in .308. Why I would need such a rifle would be a hard sell to the missus. I think if I were doing serious sniping I would want the rifle chambered in a flat tradjectory round like a .270 or.308 for bigger holes.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts