Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32,257 Posts
Well, I suppose some folks, particularly with their own backyard range would average 100 rounds every weekend, but I'm sure not one of them.

I like the specifics Ruger referred to, and their solution being just about ready, and voluntarily sending a prepaid shipping box to to the owners. Ruger pays much higher labor costs than in Brazil by Taurus. Usually, Ruger products sell at the next tier price point above Taurus, and are able to maintain what has been often described as the best customer service in the industry.

Taurus USA in Miami once had a president who was making an effort to improve customer service and Taurus fired him, and you can see where we are now. That was my turning point on Taurus, and Taurus Customer service was never all that great anyway.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Super Moderator
35,533 Posts
100 rounds a week ain't much if you compete. When I was shooting IDPA, I burned more'n that. I had to load on a Dillon to keep up with it all. And, most of what I fired was in Ruger P guns which I competed with. Guess they don't make 'em like they used to. :D

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
as an example of ruger service I had a single 45 + year old gun that had been shot and shot It developed a lock problem I took it to a gunsmith who ordered the parts and tried to install them the gun kept having issues he sent it to ruger I aske if while it was at Ruger if they would fit a new 22 mag cylinder as the old on got lost before I bought the gun Ruger started to work on the gun and emaild me that due to the extreme wear on the gun they would like to extend me a offer of a new gun the total cost for the gunsmith/ffl working on it and shipping the gun to ruger and doing the transfer paperwork on the NEW stainless ruger single six convertible was $180.00 stainless single six convertibles are right around $500.00 new I was happy

·
Registered
37,064 Posts
100 rounds a week ain't much if you compete. When I was shooting IDPA, I burned more'n that. I had to load on a Dillon to keep up with it all. And, most of what I fired was in Ruger P guns which I competed with. Guess they don't make 'em like they used to. :D

or IF you are a true Addict!
If I remember I ran like 5-K rounds through my CZ P-01 in about 3 months.

Reactions: Jake3501
1 - 10 of 10 Posts