Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had the postman deliver my new copy of the NRA 'Shooting Illustrated' magazine. Nice article about the Ruger 57. How's it going down over there? 5.7x28 is an interesting calibre..;D

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
It is an interesting cartridge but not as useful as it seems. I had an FN FiveSeven and sold it.

it seemed like a good idea at the time, However ammo is a challenge. Federal Eagle is available but the FN ammo is better but is generally a mail order proposition. The most effective ammo, AP, is limited to LEOs and military only.

So I moved on.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
well its NOT going over here!
course that's before the Ruger 57, but honestly I don't see this one pistol changing a lot, I mean look at the number of Glocks made in 45 GAP and you see how that went over.
everybody has an opinion-mine is its a very specific use cartridge, like in high capacity, high rate of fire weapons that offer a light weight, easy portable, high penetration needs.
so to me unless I see /feel the need to start shooting through light body armor don't see a need myself?
just because they build it don't mean its something I need personally.
lots and lots and lots of cartridges laying on the discontinued floor from over the years, not to many that actually do anything new form many of the past ones.
BUT HEY!! its new, ain't nobody on my block got one--so go out there and support the local economy!--GriiiN.

Reactions: ManxTom

·
Super Moderator
19,626 Posts
I just bought my Five seveN last Christmas. Haven't had problems with ammo but I wish I had waited another month before buying it.

I wrote about it: shoots nice but after shooting it, dry firing it, handling it - I have decided to NOT carry it for defensive purposes. I haven't even bought a holster for it. It is a safe queen for now and my one and only enigma gun - no defined purpose, . . . . YET!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am on the waiting list at Sportsman's Warehouse. They are slow in getting them. I'll wait because of Sportsman's Loyalty bucks and Veterans discount. That takes a good chunk of change out of their selling price.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I think it may take off. There are AR makers gearing up for it. There is more reloading data coming out for it so I'm optimistic.

·
Premium Member
12,510 Posts
Guns and Ammo Handguns magazine also has it featured on their cover this month, but after reading about it I think I'll pass.

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I held one last month at a local shop, have to say, I was impressed.

I may buy one when the hype settles down, or I find a used one.

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
I might consider buying one once I get to where I have given all my TA.net friends lots and lots of money. Otherwise I'm going to hold off for now.

·
Registered
36,023 Posts
I might consider buying one once I get to where I have given all my TA.net friends lots and lots of money. Otherwise I'm going to hold off for now.
Sounds like a good plan there my bestest favoritist friend in the world!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts