Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talk about pushing the 45 Colt beyond 44 Magnum ballistics. Here's your chance to do it and carry it actually! I'm very excited about this one---Ruger's making a hard push in 2008 to get on top.

http://gunblast.com/Ruger-Redhawk45.htm

·
Registered
959 Posts
Re: Ruger 4-inch Blackhawk in 45 Colt

I like the idea of a .45 Colt Hi-Power... 4"~it will Hunt...<:))

·
Registered
2,505 Posts

I like the redhawks, they are beefier than any other revolver and you can push them beyond anything else on the market. It was just a couple of years ago you could get them for about $400 used, but those days are long gone. Unfortunately I've noticed a huge price increase in Ruger doubleactions so I don't think people will rush right away towards them.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

From the look of it, it shouldn't have any problem finding it's market niche, especially with .45 LC fans.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts

Yeah, but if it keeps up price wise, the only ones who will be able to shoot them are rich guys, and those that learn how to load. I can bust a large bill, just doing a test firing with the 45 LC, "actually the 45 Colt. "

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I don't think that $650 (which will be the market price on these) is too much to pay for a revolver that will last 3 lifetimes. It ain't that much more than a Raging Bull ;).

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

Posted by: Robby

Yeah, but if it keeps up price wise, the only ones who will be able to shoot them are rich guys, and those that learn how to load. I can bust a large bill, just doing a test firing with the 45 LC, "actually the 45 Colt. "
Yep. I've just heard the cartridge referred to as the .45 LC for so long that's what I'm accustomed to calling it. It's those guys who call magazines 'clips', you've gotta watch out for. ;D

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts

Taurus_9mm said:
Yep. I've just heard the cartridge referred to as the .45 LC for so long that's what I'm accustomed to calling it. It's those guys who call magazines 'clips', you've gotta watch out for. ;D
Heck in most stores you have to ask for LC's or they will pull up a box of semi auto 45's.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts

Posted on: Today at 04:27:58 PMPosted by: Robby
Heck in most stores you have to ask for LC's or they will pull up a box of semi auto 45's.
Yes, it seems when most hear the number 45 when it's in regards to ammunition, it's followed in their minds by ACP or Auto. It's about the same anymore with the 22 as well. We hear 22 and the LR cartridge automatically springs to most people's minds. :eek:

·
Registered
959 Posts

Heavyweight Bullets~A Good Read...
A look at a Ruger in .44 Magnum and in .45 Colt Comparing Performance Levels...

http://www.customsixguns.com/writings/heavyweight_bullets.htm
The .44 Magnum pressure barrel in the above test was 10" in length...
The .45 Colt pressure barrel in the above test was 5 1/2" in length...

·
Registered
354 Posts

I too am excited about this gun and it is definitely on my wish list. I do, however, believe that their suggested retail price (~$836) is a bit steep too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts