Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I kinda-sorta keep count the first few hundred rounds until it has proven reliable and I then quit counting.

·
Registered
144 Posts
200... but I've only been to the range once since I bought it.

Sent from my LML413DL using Tapatalk

·
Supporting Moderator
5,350 Posts
Honestly I got mine when the G2 first came out, thinking I have over 5000 rounds through mine, maybe more....................

Reactions: EdinGeorgia

·
Registered
297 Posts
I'd like to see what kind of round counts you have, or have been reported on the PT11 G2 and/or the newer G2 series. I'm seeing from various sources counts of 3k+ and would like to see what you guys/gals are getting. Thank you.
Somewhere between 1100 and 1300 on my G2 but only 200 were 100% stock. I usually stop counting after 600 or so. As many guns as I have, I can't just remember anymore and will not stop in the middle of shooting to go "OOP, that's about another 50" right there" and make a tick mark in a journal. If I was a YouTuber gun person that would be something logical and worth doing. If you only have like 3 guns then that is a simple and practical task but I literally shoot whatever I plan on carrying this and next week. The G2's sole purpose being my pocket back up, it usually ends up in the rotation every time I go.

In short i'm about there with my G2 but don't really keep count unless it's something like a Sccy CPX2 where 1000 is the lifespan of some parts like the RSA.

·
Registered
144 Posts
As many guns as I have, I can't just remember anymore and will not stop in the middle of shooting to go "OOP, that's about another 50" right there" and make a tick mark in a journal.
The way I'm doing it now is taking only a set amount of ammunition with me to the range. If I only take 200 rounds to the range and shoot it all, then I know exactly how many rounds I've put downrange. Even if I don't, I can count the leftovers and subtract from the amount I took to get the round count.

Besides, at my age, I don't want to carry more weight around than I need to. Oddly, that hasn't prompted me to go on a diet... yet.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
The way I'm doing it now is taking only a set amount of ammunition with me to the range. If I only take 200 rounds to the range and shoot it all, then I know exactly how many rounds I've put downrange. Even if I don't, I can count the leftovers and subtract from the amount I took to get the round count.

Besides, at my age, I don't want to carry more weight around than I need to. Oddly, that hasn't prompted me to go on a diet... yet.
I carry what I intend to shoot and no more. If I plan on shooting 200 rounds, and carry 500, I end up shooting 500. I can't help myself.:sad:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I keep record of my round counts (and any malfunctions, if they occur) in my Notes on iOS.

For my Taurus PT111 G2 (SS)

50 rounds of Fed (Walmart) 115 gr
15 rounds of Hornady Critical Defense 115 gr.
50 rounds of Remington UMC 115 gr. ball
40 rounds of handloads 115 gr ball
(No malfunctions of any kind thus far.)

...guess I need to shoot this pistol more :)

·
Registered
297 Posts

I carry what I intend to shoot and no more. If I plan on shooting 200 rounds, and carry 500, I end up shooting 500. I can't help myself.:sad:
If its a regular range day I have X amount of ammo but I have 3 guns shooting that same ammo. Most my guns are 9MM but sometimes I will just shoot the SD ammo off since the whole mag is full of already chambered rounds and then grab another one while I'm there. If its a group shooting day then I may bring guns I don't shoot often or end up leaving in the car since they flaked again. If I have a set time of 1 hour to be away from home and I don't burn though it then I take what I didn't shoot back. Most the time I end up bringing most the 22LR ammo back since I decided 500 rounds is a bit much.

In short, I could literally take 200 9MM rounds but on the fly decide 60 is dedicated to EDC guns this week and rest to random justify existence in my safe guns. 469, 5903 and Uzi pistol would fit the justify category even tho the 5903 was purchased solely for EDC.

·
Administrator
40,280 Posts
My Millennium Pro PT145, has just over 4,000 rounds thru it. Still shoot it, still accurate, and still reliable.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts