Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Where to start...I was short of funds last month ( dang HVAC ) and was cruising Gunbroker to see what's out there for the sub $200 price range. Surprisingly several pages of goodies showed up, but I landed on a new single shot 20ga shotgun. This RIA ( imported from Turkey ) was $126 plus $10 ship to my FFL.

I removed the two stock adapters and slid on a Decelerator pad. In this configuration it is 35" long and weighs 4lbs 11oz's. The stock is wood grain plastic, but seems pretty tough.

The hammer spring was strong, but after 50 or so dry fires and 20 rounds on the range it has lightened up to 3lb 7oz's. This deft lil shotgun has a chrome lined barrel and adj rear half peep style sight, with a big brass bead mounted on the front rail.

Sorry this pic doesn't highlight the front bead but it is bright. The rear sight has two choices for height and is windage adj. I had no failures during the range session, and dialing in the rear sight was a breeze. Why this purchase..Well after spending $280 on a new Turkish 20 ga semi auto shotgun, that requires heavier/faster ammo, I was left with several hundred 20ga's that it won't cycle ( unless I open up the gas ports - which I may do ). So it does double duty with my wife's 410 SS for farm varmint duty.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Next up is a Heritage Rough rider that I hadn't seen before. Here we have the 6.5" 22LR/mag target model. It has very nice adj green FO rear sight and a bright FO front sight. The pic below doesn't do it justice, outdoors the FO's light up brighter than most FO sights do.

One thing having sights like this on a Heritage is, you can see how badly you are at keeping the sights on target while pulling the trigger. Now I know why I don't usually have great accuracy with a Heritage. This cowboy handgun weighs in at 32.5 oz's and has a 1lb 13 oz trigger pull.

These 3" circles were at 15 yards, using the ammo types I put on the target. Ignore the orange circles, that was 9mm load testing.Once again cheap Blazer 22LR was very accurate. As with any of my recent Taurii or Heritage rimfire revolvers - CCI mini mags while very accurate will lock up the cylinder after the 4th or 5th shot. Those CCI cases expand too much for these rimfire revolvers. But the cheap bulk stuff runs great. My only complaint is the paint is wearing off where the cylinder hits the frame when reinstalling. Other than that those sights really help me with accuracy. The lowest left circle was an attempt at 50-60 yards. Oh well my eyes just aren't that good. This revolver ran me $168 + tax and FFL fee. So around $190 OTD.

So it was a cheap month last month, this month...well....

·
Registered
8,883 Posts
Sounds like a good month to me!

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
I like the sights on that RR ! What model # is that ? The shotgun looks good esp for the price !

Reactions: silverstring

·
Administrator
18,415 Posts
Congratulations on your new Shotgun and Revolver and may they serve you well ! :cool: :)

Love the Wood and Vent Rib on that RIA Shotgun! If I ever see one in 12 gauge, I'll probably buy it. Nice Heritage Revolver, too!

Looking forward to your review on that Sig! :)

·
Registered
997 Posts
Good deals both ! I like the adjustable sites on the Heritage,Did not know some came like that,I would even like one in 4 inch barrel .
I tried to get Heritage to make me one with the regular 4.75 inch barrel but they would not do it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts