5,622 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've got a Wizard in 45-70,nice rifle,too bad they've been discontinued.I'd buy one on Gunbroker though before I would get one from CTD! morayman............

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Production stopped. But they are available. KYGunCo had a bunch of "blemish" ones at a really great price (like 169!), but they are all gone now. Am sure there are deals out there... gotta keep looking.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I bought the Rossi single shot 44 mag rifle and it is a real shooter. It will shoot less than a inch at 50 yds with hornady xtp and w296 powder. The lee 310 fr GC bullets also shot very well in this rifle. It's light and the trigger is pretty good. It's a cool meat and potatoes gun.

·
Registered
27,561 Posts
Like mcal762 I picked up one in .44 mag. (Made legal for hunting deer around here). It is a sweet shooter. I'm shooting 1.25" groups at 100 yards with the iron sights and Winchester 240 gr. SP. A scope is on my wish list.

Assuming your rabbits run over 200 lb, I'm sure you would like it in .45-70. :D

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
I saw this one but assuming they aren't going to be produced anymore is it wise to get one?

I wonder about accuracy. I have been looking at H&R also, but the ones I am interested in are out of stock at Bud's and most places. O well, it is on the back burner for me now so I just keep looking and when something is in stock that I like, I may get something. Heck, I am still straddling the fence between .223 and .243.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I saw this one but assuming they aren't going to be produced anymore is it wise to get one?
Well, friend, when I ordered my Taurus CT9 G2 Carbine early last year, I had no idea they would discontinue the line before year's end. BUT...the carbine is such a blast to shoot and the accuracy is as good as any rifle I've ever owned, so I am still happy with my purchase.

I've never, ever had to send in for service any shotgun, rifle or carbine I've ever owned, so I'm going to keep a positive outlook on the Taurus never needing service. If it ever needs to be serviced or repaired, I'll ship it back to the good folks at Taurus.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hombre
I bought a .223 wizard within about the last 6 months and the accuracy is what you would expect from Rossi. They are a nice rifle. The only thing I would warn you about is (at least my) the chamber seems to be tight. Wont eject 5.56 or steel cased .223. I still like the rifle. Would love to find a .308 barrel though.

·
Registered
5,622 Posts
Hombre
I bought a .223 wizard within about the last 6 months and the accuracy is what you would expect from Rossi. They are a nice rifle. The only thing I would warn you about is (at least my) the chamber seems to be tight. Wont eject 5.56 or steel cased .223. I still like the rifle. Would love to find a .308 barrel though.
Thanks. I still am trying to decide how much quality i can afford and how soon do i need it. Actually i am looking forward to spring, and setting up for coyotes. That may help me decide whether to go cheap or try that patience thang and save for the Mossy MVP.

Another consideration for me is...why don't I use up my 308 150 sp loads that shoot very well in my Savage, and load some 125s or 130s for both the 3030 and the 308. Bullets are cheaper than a new rifle and it will give me more time to save for what I really want.

·
Registered
82 Posts
The only Issue I have with them discontinuing the Wizard. I wanted all the barrel combos., Plus barrel blanks.
I would have loved to find a barrel blank in .311 I would have cut a 327 mag chamber into it and been a happy camper.
Now??? Not so much.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts