Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in a 5 shot .38 with a two inch barrel. I already have larger S&W revolvers so I am not brainwashed to think they are the only kind of revolver to buy. As a matter of fact I can't stand the new S&W locks.

Anyway, I am looking at either a Taurus Model 85 stainless or a Rossi Model 352 stainless. Right now the Rossi is in the lead because I really like hammer mounted firing pins, like my older S&Ws, instead of the Taurus/S&W internal firing pin.

I simply do not like the Rossi three finger grip. I do love the Taurus two finger boot grip. Will an aftermarket Taurus grip fit a Rossi now that they are connected to Taurus. Specifically will a Rossi 352 fit in the Taurus mahogony wood boot grips for a Model 85?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wouldn't count on the grips fitting. I really like Rossi revolvers, but sometimes it's tough to find grips & holsters

·
Super Moderator
35,214 Posts
The Rossis are mostly square butt revolvers and the 85 is a round butt, so in a word, NO, they won't interchange. They're pretty close otherwise and, in fact, I fitted a set of grips intended for an older round butt Rossi to my M85, but the 85 has a hole in the side plate that the grips leave uncovered, so it was sorta funky and I gave up on the idea, LOL. The screw worked and all I had to do is a little shaping of the profile with a dremel tool.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I don't believe the grips are interchangeable but I know Hogue makes a monogrip to fit the 461 so possibly they have some for your gun as well.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
rightherenc said:
I don't believe the grips are interchangeable but I know Hogue makes a monogrip to fit the 461 so possibly they have some for your gun as well.

HELP!!!!!!

Well, this brings up a question!! I need a grip for my 461, to change my grip. My middle finger gets too darn high behind the trigger guard, and just like my Judge, I can see that being a problem. I got a grip from Hoque, bought at MidwayUSA that really helped with the JUDGE. I have been unable to locate the right information to get a grip that will FIT THE 461 and do the same thing. Rossi does not show in their list, and I know there is a sleeve, and screw on my 461 that holds the grips on. Help me find a grip to move my finger down from behind the trigger guard. I love my JUDGE after making that change.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts