Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just bought a Rossi .357 mag model 462. I have not even got to shoot it yet and had to send it in for repair. The cylinder was lose when closed (you could move it so much that the barrel did not line up with the cylinder ) and the ejection rod kept sticking every time you tried to use it.

Ok, my complaint / Question is that Rossi told me that it would take 4 Weeks to fix and return....really??? 4 Weeks? Does anyone have any experiance with this? Did it take 4 weeks to fix yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, Well no reply's. So I guess I will answer my own question. I sent my Rossi R46202 in on 1/30/2012. I just got it back today 2/07/2012. Not only did they pay for it to go there, they paid for it to come back, Fedex Overnight. They fixed the lose cylinder and replaced the ejection rod, They also replaced the trigger and hammer. I didn't have a problem with it, I guess maybe they found something that was not right when they test fired it. At any rate it works great! I guess the only "complaint" I have is they test fired it (Not a problem) and returned it dirty...LOL. 8 days Door to Door. Awesome!!

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I'm glad it all worked out for you in a very timely manner.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Took me over 4 weeks to get a new barrel and there was no repair work involved. Just stick it in a box and send it out.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yeah as long as they have the part they are real fast. If the parts on back order it may take a minute. It's still very acceptable though.

·
Administrator
35,398 Posts
Hello all,

I just bought a Rossi .357 mag model 462. I have not even got to shoot it yet and had to send it in for repair. The cylinder was lose when closed (you could move it so much that the barrel did not line up with the cylinder ) and the ejection rod kept sticking every time you tried to use it.

Ok, my complaint / Question is that Rossi told me that it would take 4 Weeks to fix and return....really??? 4 Weeks? Does anyone have any experiance with this? Did it take 4 weeks to fix yours?
Sorry I didn't see your post earlier.....the answer to your question is, yes it sure can sometimes. Sounds like it worked out much quicker for you this time around, and that's great, but 4-6 weeks can happen too. And this isn't just a Taurus thing, it's pretty standard for the industry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts