Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
I have talked to Rossi and got a no answer, We are out..ok when will some come back in?..answer Can't say. Then have checked over 40 retailers, zilch... SO hoping maybe by Christmas Rossi/Taurus will stop just making one mag rifles and focus a bit on spare magazines. But honestly, with the regular complaints about their CS , I may end up selling the new 22 mag rifle and spend a bit more to find a solution with another manufacturer who cares a bit more about their customer base.
I've had the same experience looking for mags. The RS22 and the Mossberg 702 Plinkster are made in the same plant and the 25 round Plinkster mags fit and function well in my RS22. I started to look at other Mossberg magazines and discovered that the Mossberg Blaze mags in 22lr look like the same mag that came with my RS22W. Does any one here own both a Blaze and a n RS22W? I'd like to know if they fit because the Blaze mags are available.

·
8,350 Posts
Kygunco finally got my replacement RS22 WSM delivered to my LGS. All appears to be good this time. I did have to call the every three days to keep my situation on the forefront of their CS responses. Plan on cleaning/lube, then mount scope and try it out later this week.

·
Registered
511 Posts
50 yard. Cheap Simmons 22 Magnum scope, Simmons rings. This is the most serious I got. Circles are 3/8" between lines. Shooting off Caldwell corncob filled shooting bags. Most shots were trying different bullet weights and loads. Different brands trying to find out which ones feed best and group best. Yes, I am starting to really like this gun.
That's a sweet-looking gun and I'm a little jealous of it - but only because you have the Magnum version of the rifle I got. I bought the Rossi RS22 for $99 because I didn't have enough jack left over to buy a 10/22. I saw your version selling for $219 and I came darn close to buying it instead of the RS22. But then I wouldn't have anything to shoot all of the 22LR I've got stashed away. After shooting with my RS22 for awhile, I have to say that really love this gun, especially the fiber optic sights which makes it accurate six ways to Sunday. My only beef has to do with the extended mags they made for it which is something that the 10/22 has in spades. However, I was expecting the 25-rounder to give me problems since other users had reported it. Yet, so far, I haven't had a single failure (knock wood). I still don't like how bulky they are and when it came time to buy extra mags, I opted to get a pair of the 10-round OEM's instead of another 25-round behemoth.

If you enjoy your Rossi half as much as I enjoy mine, then you'll know you made the right choice!

Have you tried shooting Hornady WMR's?

·
8,350 Posts
Mine has been at Rossi Braztech for 3 weeks so far for a charging handle issue. But before that I found it ran the CCI 40 grain magnum HP more accurately then the same with round nose. Weird. SO I have 6 boxes of CCI 22mag and no platform to shoot it. :(

·
8,350 Posts
Just a little update. Got my rifle back from Taurus, and they didn't even try to repair the charging handle - they kept it for 12 weeks and fired 10 rounds. I didn;t send it in because it wouldn't fire. Still can't lock the bolt back manually. So another 12 weeks it goes off. I may get to shoot my rifle I purchased in 2019 sometime in 2021.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Just a little update. Got my rifle back from Taurus, and they didn't even try to repair the charging handle - they kept it for 12 weeks and fired 10 rounds. I didn;t send it in because it wouldn't fire..Morons....Still can't lock the bolt back manually. The useless bench tech, didn't even read my letter that was packed on top of the rifle in the box. So another 12 weeks it goes off. I may get to shoot my rifle I purchased in 2019 sometime in 2021. Guys...I am not impressed..
Judas Priest! What a bunch of crap!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts