Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm looking for a good revolver. Someone let me know if ROSSI R462 .357 is good or not good (and why).
I would use .38 cal for less recoil.
I shoot a 9mm 24/7 pro and my g/f would like something with less recoil. I would like to get something she would enjoy shooting more.
I know some revolvers have more recoil than autos and some have less.
Please give me your .02
ThX

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
They are a good weapon. I have the 462 and really like it. I have already put 500 rounds through it (reload). I carry it a lot and do not fill under gunned. My carry load is 125gr Federal HST. I would say go for it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How is the recoil on it? If I loaded .38 special rounds could a girly girl (my g/f) handle it.
She can shoot my 9mm 24/7 pro but something with less kick would be nice & she would enjoy it more.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
With 38's not plus P, it should not be a problem. I found the recoil to be similar to my PT111, maybe a little softer. I could get on paper first try with my 461, and I could not with the 9 mm semi auto. the sight picture is almost identical to a semi auto length wise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought one a few weeks ago. I've had no problem with it. It is a solid handgun. I was a bit surprised at the bite in the backstrap when I fired 130gr FMJ WWB .38 spec standard load. As heavy as the gun is, I expected less recoil. But the recoil is certainly not severe and the girl friend should be able to handle it. I haven't shot the 24/7, but my Kahr CW9 and the H & K and Glock 9mm pistols I've used have less recoil than my 462. In my opinion, the 462 is most definitely worth the price and more. You won't know how she likes it until she shoots it though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I have moved onto the idea of getting ULTRA-LITE 941 .22 MAG. REVOLVER.
It will be cheap to shoot and my g/f will have no trouble shooting this, I KNOW! :p

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I love those guns, but I have only seen one, NIB in the last 8 months in my local shops. The ones on most sites were more expensive than a 357, or 38, if they had them.

So good luck on finding one!!

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i think thats roughly what they go for in my area 270-290 for the stainless.. if i did'nt have some other guns a head of it on the list i'd already have one they look like good guns for the money.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will be looking to purchase a revolver next, I recently purchased a Buck Mark .22lr for my girlfriend to shoot at the range and have to save up for another handgun.
Maybe toward the end of the year prices will fall and I will have several choices on what revolver to get. My ideal revolver is a .357 3" barrel and using .38 bullets for ammo.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
If the weapon is one they chose instead of us, they are more likely to shoot and maybe even carry. If we chose they can easily beg off as its not really their gun, you bought it YOU shoot it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I paid $280 for my 462, back in October. It would still be a bargain at $380 ! ;D

·
Registered
36 Posts
260 is high?

I think its a steal...My S&W M360 Scandium frame .38 weighs 13 ounces(Cost 429-super steal at buds) and the extra weight I'm sure minimizes the recoil using the same load in each weapon. That's a +P revolver too...Right...?

Greg

·
Registered
13 Posts
I paid $300 for my 461 new. I shoot mostly .38 +P loads, but .357 158 grain loads are very manageable.

-BUD

1 - 20 of 20 Posts