Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Black Trigger
Bumper Trigger

I back again, trying to learn about revolvers. I just brough home this gun and I have 2 questions. See the pics, is the fireing pin bent? Why is the trigger so hard to pull? Why wife can not pull it. Sorry for the dumb quwstions but thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
That looks like a normal hammer (firing) pin to me. As Rossi's use a hammer mounted firing pin, they are more susceptible to damage from dry firing. The old S&W's had hammer mounted firing pins too.

Trigger pull is typically heavier in revolvers. I don't know about Taurus revolvers, but Rossi and Rugers were always a tad heavy compared to S&W's. It should loosen up after a few boxes of ammo. Give it time, you'll get used to it.

HTH (hope this helps)

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Regarding the hard trigger pull:

Is it just DIFFICULT for your wife to pull? Or is it a case where it CAN'T be pulled?

Here's why I ask. DA revolvers commonly require some break-in. They smooth up in time. But, there's the issue of lock-up. My own Rossi 972 is sitting in Miami waiting service. It would fir three shots, lock up on the fourth, fire the fifth, and lock up on the sixth. THAT is a mechanical problem and won't go away.

·
Registered
7,293 Posts
I have the 46103 and it looks normal to me . I've only shot 150 rounds and mine is still tight on the trigger but i will say it maybe just a little looser than when i first shot it or it maybe just my finger pull is stronger . Hard to say . But i agree with Chuck_in_Texas that it needs some breaking in and that's probably gonna be after maybe 1k rounds .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.