Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are they ???
Looking for a 16inch barreled 44 Mag ???

Have they been discontinued ?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Local shop had 3 last week. One of each, 357 Mag, 44 Mag, and 45 Colt. They sold pretty quick.

·
Registered
24,949 Posts
I would do a Google search to buy and see what you come up with.

·
9,106 Posts
Becoming Unicorns - very hard to find. Not sure where Taurus is taking Rossi.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Apparently they're still in production seeing as they're still listed as "Available" on Rossi USA (but strangely only in .45LC) which they weren't a few months ago, so hopefully that's a good sign.

I would really like to own one myself in .45LC, but I really don't know if they're actually out there in the wild, at least not newly manufactured models, that is.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
I put a Rossi 92 .44 Magnum 24" on layaway this week.

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
.357’s and 44’s seem to be hard to find but they’re out there. Check Gunbroker.
When I was looking for one the .357's were non-existent in pre-owned and when I found my Marlin 44 Magnum in good shape I snapped it up. The Cowboy Action Shooters tend to be a big market for these guns.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Mine from a few years ago were ordered by my shop. They took a while to show up as they supposedly make them in runs. Great rifles if one can do some simple but time consuming slicking up work to them. The mag spring needs shortening to make it easier/possible to use the loading gate. The loading gate needs some deburring; the follower gets replaced with a metal one; the action gets taken apart and all mating surfaces smoothed and polished and finally the safety gets removed and a .25 acp casing placed in its place for decoration.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I would love a 92 in Casull. I love my .357. Of all my rifles it has the most secure spot in my house.

Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
I would love a 92 in Casull. I love my .357. Of all my rifles it has the most secure spot in my house.
Under your My Pillow? :D

Reactions: MoKen

·
Registered
15,373 Posts
what's the going prices on the m92's in 45 LC?

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
what's the going prices on the m92's in 45 LC?
Beginner Cowboy Action Shooters are grabbing them up. Although after awhile they realize that the "92"s" are the not the carbine that works the best and soon graduate to the "73's" or Marlin's 94 Cowboy. Soon they will show up on the used gun market.

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
Beginner Cowboy Action Shooters are grabbing them up. Although after awhile they realize that the "92"s" are the not the carbine that works the best and soon graduate to the "73's" or Marlin's 94 Cowboy. Soon they will show up on the used gun market.

and then the NEXT beginner CAS will snap them up. :D I looked for awhile for a .357 lever gun used and jumped on my Marlin 44 Magnum when I saw it posted at the LGS.

Reactions: kshunter

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I had a stainless steel 16 inch barreled 454 , once upon a time ago .. I had to sell it with a host of other firearms went my health went south .... Overall 21 leverguns went ...

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
I had a stainless steel 16 inch barreled 454 , once upon a time ago .. I had to sell it with a host of other firearms went my health went south .... Overall 21 leverguns went ...

That is sad...I hope that you're back on an even keel in the health dept....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts