Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lookin to get a m-92 357 24" oct. cch- can anyone comment on the quality of the cch? Pictures usually don't tell all the tales when it comes to coloring. How well does it wear?

·
Super Moderator
35,225 Posts
Not sure what a cch is, but I have a 20" rifle I bought back about 85 or 86. I've had problems with brass separation, but noticed that it seems to always be with nickeled brass and is always with .357, never .38. Nickeled brass is brittle. Now days, I try to limit .357s fired with no more than 2 reloads on the brass. I plink with .38 anyway.

The gun had a puma on a round plaque thing inset into the receiver. That lasted about half a box of .357s and fell out.

Other than that, it's been a great fun firearm. The rear sight is a joke, figure on having an aperture sight mounted. I had one off a cheap .22 I put on mine, has a click adjustable and numbered elevation knob which is GREAT changing from light .38s to .357s. POI is way different in elevation. The gun is quite accurate, about 4MOA. I took a doe with it at about 80 yards using a 158 grain SWC reload.

Hmmmm, could he be asking about color case hardening???? CCH If so, mine isn't cched. ;D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I take it that the rifle chambers well with 38's- have seen problems with the Marlin jam with 38's- oh cch is case color hardened.Thanks for the info

·
Super Moderator
35,225 Posts
It feeds SWC 38s fine. Wadcutters hang up occasionally, not 100 percent. I have a very light (2.3 grains B'Eye/105 grain cast SWC) load that's very accurate and mimic's .22LR. See no real need for a .22 lever gun because of this... ;D I have more'n one .22, don't really want anymore.

Mine isn't color case hardened, but I can say the bluing has held up well. But, I'm pretty easy on the gun, don't hunt with it or do much rough use, just range plinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts