1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,465 Posts
Got any idea how old that ting is?

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
Oh my gosh that is sooo COOL!!! thanks for posting!

·
Registered
36,026 Posts
Reactions: Czechbikr

·
Administrator
17,592 Posts
Seriously Cool! :cool:

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Rossi made and imported them from about 1930 to 1968 when the GCA banned their importation. Neat little SxS derringer type pistol.

Reactions: bigC and olfarhors

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
Rossi made and imported them from about 1930 to 1968 when the GCA banned their importation. Neat little SxS derringer type pistol.
Peacemaker, I am really into old .22 caliber guns of all makes. Will you share where you found this info, I would like to add the source to my research file.

Don

·
Banned
1,582 Posts
Thank You for posting pics,What I find as unusual as the firearm itself is the fact it was Mfg.in Washington D C ! By way from Brazil,lol.
The importer, Firearms International, was based in DC. The pistol was made in Brazil.

·
21,944 Posts
Put shotshells in it, put on a pith helmet, and go hunting for the fearsome amazonian field mouse. Or garter snake.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
14,598 Posts
Peacemaker, I am really into old .22 caliber guns of all makes. Will you share where you found this info, I would like to add the source to my research file.

Don
Just google searches, One link begat another, etc. Rossi Garrucha Model 8. They came in multiple calibers from 22 short up to 9mm flobert. Pricewise I've seen them going for anywhere between 100 and 500 IF you can find them. They seem pretty obscure.
Current auction with 23 days left has one at 95 bucks
https://potofgoldestate.hibid.com/lot/64016999/gun-rossi-garrucha-side-by-side--22-cal-pistol/?q=&ref=catalog

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Sweet little gun. Wish I had one like it.

FIE was in Arlington, VA in the 60's & 70's. The stuff they sold under their name in those days had "Arlington" stamped on them. (So this one was prob pre-1970, I guess. GCA68 made that stamp change.) Their "showroom" had wooden barrels of K-98's, SMLE's, and such stacked around their floor. They had quite an acreage under roof in their warehouses that was "destructive devices" for im/export. They supplied "agencies" with some unusual and unique stuff. One of their guys who shot in the same league i did gave me the abbreviated tour one afternoon.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts