Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is gee whiz info since the question came up at another thread at a different section. Rossi does not make semi-autos of any kind. Revolvers,rifles, and shotguns, yes. Stay tuned. Maybe Taurus will put one out under the Rossi name, but that is doubtful.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I'd love if they did put out some pistols under the Taurus name but as you said Qwiks, it is doubtful.

I wish they'd expand their revolver line as well. The only Rossi revolver I like -- and I really like it -- is their 6" stainless .357. That is one great looking revolver, and priced very competitively too.

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey there T9mm. You have a good point. Rossi revolvers have been tested by several gunwriters doing the occasional "low priced" review and were surprised at how much lighter the action on the revolvers in .357magnum and .38 Special were. Granted, Taurus owns Rossi, but a little more variety would be a good thing.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
I think so too. I'd love to see some larger bore revolvers added to the Rossi lineup as well. Forsure some .41 & .44 magnum models anyhow and maybe even a .454, a .480 Ruger & a .500 Magnum (if they felt so inclined) lol

IIRC, budsgunshop.com has the ss Rossi .357s for right over $300 now and they are tempting.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I'd like to see Taurus use the Rossi marque to recycle some of thier dicontinued models. How about a Rossi #908? I know, I know that's a semi-auto. It doesn't hurt to wish.

·
32,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Taurus and Rossi do take faxes, letters, and phone calls. So a little of each could get results. Especially the 908 idea. Part of the problem is that Taurus has only so much room for production. Could be they could find that area somewhere.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Bringing back the Rossi 720 would be nice. A 28oz, 3", K-framed size, 5 shot .44spl! If the price was right I'd pick up 2. PLEASE bring this one back (or the Taurus 431).

·
Registered
65 Posts
Academy Sports has Rossi 2" snubby 38 spl for 244 and there is a difference in stores for the snubby, stainless .357. It's $265 in Abilene and $299 in San Angelo. The Blued .357 with 4" barrel is $278. All great prices. These are of course in Texas.

Dave :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts