Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the hammer of the Rossi 971? Specifically, are the hammer and firing pin one piece or does the 971 use a transfer bar system like the Taurus revolvers?

Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind guys and gals. I found the answer myself with a simple google search! Anyone have an opinion on these revolvers though? I'm interested to know what you all think of them. Do they stack up to the Taurus .357s?

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I just bought one not too long ago and it seems like a pretty good revolver. Haven't got to shoot it much though but so far pleased with the accuracy of it. Trigger isn't bad either. Don't own a Taurus 357 so can't say

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nevermind guys and gals. I found the answer myself with a simple google search! Anyone have an opinion on these revolvers though? I'm interested to know what you all think of them. Do they stack up to the Taurus .357s?
I know I'm a little late to the party, but...

I have the 972 (6" barrel) and I LOVE it. At 10 yds I can easily put all 6 rounds touching on paper consistently. My brother has the 7 shot 4" barrel .357 Taurus (not sure the model), and I'm just as happy with mine as he is with his. If I could change anything about the gun would be how the grip rounds off at the bottom, wish there were some aftermarket options, it feels a bit small in the hands, but still controls well. If you have larger hands you might wanna get your hands on one and make sure it fits you before you commit to one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts