Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to lighten the pull on this, but did not see any springs for it on the Wolf site. Anybody do this to theirs, and where did you source the parts. I would rather not start clipping coils!

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
I haven't lightened mine, I personally love it the way it is.

That said I do remember someone here, or think I do, using a Wolf kit that wasn't specifically for the Rossi.

I'll be curious to hear what the others say.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know I am comparing apples to oranges, but it seems way stiffer than my mdl65. Yeah, bigger gun, bigger trigger-maybe will just leave it and learn to love it?

·
Registered
29,765 Posts
What I would do before lightening it is get some snap caps for it and just keep pulling the trigger.

I do that on new firearms sometimes over the course of hours while watching tv or something.

I did that (along with lots of live ammo at the range) and I absolutely love the trigger on it.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it couldnt hurt. I deep cleaned and lubed it up real good. The action is smooth, just takes a ton to pull it. I'll swing by my LGS and pick a set up....

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would like to lighten the pull on this, but did not see any springs for it on the Wolf site. Anybody do this to theirs, and where did you source the parts. I would rather not start clipping coils!
I replaced the hammer spring of my 462 with the 9 pound reduced power hammer spring for the S&W J frame from Wolff Gunsprings.

·
8,532 Posts
I use Wolff kits for the SW j frames on the Rossi's. Just compare your Rossi internals to a pic of J frames for reference. If has similar setup , the Wolff kit will work. Also be sure to check your SA pull after the replacement..If to light , you may want to leave the original trigger spring in.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I appreciate the replies folks. Been years since I owned a J frame and am now remembering the similarities. Wolf it is. Thanks!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts