Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Does anybody have any leads on who might have the Rossi 454 Lever Action rifle in stock? Or, is this one of those infamous firearms that is in brochures and never gets produced? Has Rossi had manufacturing issues as of late?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I have seen a couple n Gunbroker ever once and a while...I've owned three in the past a 20in Blued model ,a 20 inch SS model ..and my favorite a 16inch barreled SS Model...sold it to a fellow online that was going to use it on a Brown Bear Hunt...he sent Pic.s it worked ..and well.. I sorta wished i'd kept the 16inch SS one though...

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I saw one go past the searches I've been running last week. Here you go...
Cabela's: Gun Library: Rossi Puma Model 92 .454 Casull

I've seen a couple of others as well. The election year buying frenzy is cranking up and people are buying everything. I've been selling rifles, people are paying more than they are worth. I've learned to work the cycle. I'm really surprised that the Cabela's rifle is available, that is a very fair price.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ranch Dog!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I did some checking too, and there's not much out there. GunBroker and Bud's both do not have anything for sale. If you want one, you may have to follow a lead like RD's.......

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
You mean like this one.....It is listed as a Legacy but I think the box says Rossi on it.I will have to look.Nope Legacy Puma model 92.Sorry false alarm but I LOVE shooting it.454 is EXPENSIVE.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
You mean like this one.....It is listed as a Legacy but I think the box says Rossi on it.I will have to look.Nope Legacy Puma model 92.Sorry false alarm but I LOVE shooting it.454 is EXPENSIVE.
Now how does it work with 45 Colt, that is the question I had? I looked at it though I'm not much on the shiny finish. I however would of considered if it could handle 45 Colt rounds but no one knew for sure so I passed getting the Rossi 92 in 45 Colt.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I was told it will shoot .45 colt.I have not tried it as I don't have any ammo or own any other .45 colt firearms.I plan to buy a box and try it next time I shoot it.

·
Registered
8,055 Posts
That thing would be very interesting to shoot! I've thought about getting a .45-70 lever action
before but it would not serve me any purpose besides range work. (unless I started hunting bear
or wild hogs)

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yeah, I'm probably never going to use it for any other purpose than blowing big nasty holes in watermelons, plywood, and the like, but I still want one!

I found a pawn shop that will order me one for $450 OTD. Should I go for it??

·
Registered
12 Posts
why so much demand for the Rossi 454? The ones I have seen are going for over 600.00 plus, Heck I can get a new Rossi 45/70 for 450.00, I'd buy that before paying the 600.00 plus for a Rossi 454.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ordered my Rossi .454 a couple weeks ago because Rossi shipped a bunch, I too thought they were catalog filler. Especially since the pictures on the Rossi USA website are all messed up for the .454 models. I confirmed with Rossi customer service that they are current production. Mine cost me $529+tax for a stainless 20".

I have wanted one for awhile as a combination woods elk rifle (maybe deer with a .45 Colt load) and all around fun lever gun. I didn't see a .45-70 fitting that. You can get 50 .45 Colts for around $25, good luck doing that with factory .45-70.

If this works out like I hope it will I'll get a .357 16" stainless to match up with my 686+. Yeah I know cowboy gun with a modern revolver but it's more about caliber than being period correct.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Interesting... I was doing a google search for a 12 inch SS lever action .454 and it took me back to this forum!
Just cant seem to get away lol
Anybody know how a person could get such a mythical beast ? Ive heard of such things but yet to see one. Im thinking could a person habe a Rossi .454 shortened and put a maresleg stock on it ?

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
That thing would be very interesting to shoot! I've thought about getting a .45-70 lever action
before but it would not serve me any purpose besides range work. (unless I started hunting bear
or wild hogs)

I use my Browning 1886 Hi Wall in 45-70 for deer during the gun season. Loaded with a 350 gn lead flat point with a gas check and pushed to about 1600 to 1800 fps it shoots extremely well and drops deer in their tracks without wasting too much meat. I love hunting with a single shot.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I saw one go past the searches I've been running last week. Here you go...
Cabela's: Gun Library: Rossi Puma Model 92 .454 Casull

I've seen a couple of others as well. The election year buying frenzy is cranking up and people are buying everything. I've been selling rifles, people are paying more than they are worth. I've learned to work the cycle. I'm really surprised that the Cabela's rifle is available, that is a very fair price.
OIC - it is at the St. Louis region Cabelas! Hmmm - time for a fondle at least!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have one I will part with. PM me if you want to discuss it.
Stainless, 20", Gunslinger trigger, Marbles Tang sight, Original factory box, Original trigger parts, has scout-scope mounting holes (factory), TruOil stock (it does have a silver concho on the right side of the stock), very accurate with .45 Colt/255gr swc cast bullets (won the Texas State PCCLA match in September). $700 firm, but might trade for a silhouette rifle (not .22).

Michael
St. Louis

1 - 18 of 18 Posts