Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a older Rossi 38 special from 1986. The cylinder will not budge even if I take it all the way down. The cylinder spring in the middle isnt spring loaded like it should be. It seems that the ony way to get it off is to remove the barrel. Can I remove the barrel? Any sugestions? Also having a hard time keeping the cylinder hand against the cylinder to rotate it while cocking the hammer.. It needs to be behind a spring in the trigger it looks like.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The cylinder will not swing out at all. But it will still spin. Its sorta like the spring-loaded stopper in the center of the cylinder is not spring loaded anymore. I cant even push it in with a small tool from where the hammer is supposed to be. I know this is hard to explain. I have put it back together and tell my buddy "I just don't know" . Thanks!

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
The ejector rod on the front of the cylinder is threaded, the only thing I can think is maybe it unscrewed far enough that it is locking up the crane. Any ideas anyone?

Reactions: chicharrones

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought of that but you cant get a good enough grip on the rod to hold it with it so close to the barrel. But wouldnt the center of the cylinder still be spring loaded? Thanks for all the replies.

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
I thought of that but you cant get a good enough grip on the rod to hold it with it so close to the barrel. But wouldnt the center of the cylinder still be spring loaded? Thanks for all the replies.
It is spring loaded, but if the ejector rod is unscrewed enough to bind it up, that means the extractor is jammed into the recoil shield. Even if the cylinder pin is pressed though from where the hammer covers it, it won't necessarily push the extractor back out of the way.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Had the same exact problem with an m88 two years ago. I had to use a small screwdriver to turn the ejector rod until it was tight enough to allow the cylinder to release and open up, then tightened it down. Need to use locktite before I shoot it again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts