Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
OK, so what Rossi do you have, and how do you like it? I think the 357 snub 6 shot sounds good. I would like to find somone that will tade for my Mdl.65 S&W 4".

·
Super Moderator
34,944 Posts
I don't know about the Ohio market, but a M65 in good shape down here will sell used for twice the price of a new Rossi. You could sell the gun, buy a Rossi, and have a couple hundred in your pocket. ;D I like Smiths well enough, but not enough to pay what they ask for 'em used down here. Rossis are REAL bargains used as well as Taurus revolvers down here. That's why I sorta got into Taurus, the good bargains I've found. Finding a used Rossi at a small local show isn't easy, but the bigger ones you can come across 'em.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got one of there lever action rifles in .357 mag. Great rifle, very accurate.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I have a Mod. 461 snubby.
Shoots well and it's reliable.
It stays in my car.

AFS

·
Registered
86 Posts
Same as AFS...461 2" 357.I bought it used for $150 as a "glove box gun".After I painted the front sight and dry fired the crap out of it,I started using it in IDPA.The little thing is so accurate and reliable that now I baby it.I have to find another gun for the glove box I guess.
It uses the speedloaders for a k frame,as weel as holsters(I have a Desantis thumb break for a mod. 10).
Some people get all excited w/ "big name"guns...I just get excited when something works,w/out having to jerk around w/ it.Rossi's are under rated in my book.

·
Super Moderator
34,944 Posts
mfetty77 said:
Got one of there lever action rifles in .357 mag. Great rifle, very accurate.
Yeah, but the rear sight was awful, so I put an aperture in its place. Other than that, love mine. Even killed a deer with it, but I have better hunting rifles. It's mainly just a fun gun just because I wanted it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Thanks, dad refinished the stock when we got it. Made it look alot better.

·
Registered
30 Posts
+1 on the 461 as a underrated gun. Hard to beat six shots of .357 in a package that can actually be controlled. Do you guys carry .38 spl or .357 in yours? So far I have gone with .38spl +p.

·
32,481 Posts
Speaking of pocket carry... there is a technique for drawing snubs wit hammers or abbreviated ones, from pocket or other holsters. The catch(pun intended) is snagging is reduced for those revolvers without a shroud.

One slips the thumb of the hand drawing the gun, over the hammer completely so the thumb covers the hammer. Do this all the way through the draw as the thumb acts as the shroud and is between the cloth, holster, and anything else that could snag or stop movement.

Put the thumb back where it should be on the grip after the gun clears the holster or pocket.

Takes many repetitions and some practice, but once gotten down it whould be second nature.

·
Registered
959 Posts
For the range I use .38 , not +P.
For carrying in the car and around .357's.

AFS

·
Registered
229 Posts
I also have a Rossi 461. that little wheel gun out shot my glock 36. I take the 357 everywhere I go..I wouldn't be caught without it, unless I have my new Taurus 608.......what a gun

·
Registered
8 Posts
BOOM-BOOM said:
I also have a Rossi 461. that little wheel gun out shot my glock 36. I take the 357 everywhere I go..I wouldn't be caught without it, unless I have my new Taurus 608.......what a gun
Concerning the 608. Have you had any trouble with it binding up when dirty? I would love to own one of those but I have been told that they have VERY tight tolerances that can give trouble when dirty.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts