Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stainless,2" rossi 38,that I bought used last year.
The gun had been taken apart,and re-assembled incorrectly,ie the cylinder retaining screw was in the wrong spot,and the pawl spring was not on the leg,so it wouldn't advance the cylinder when the trigger was pulled in da,or the hammer cocked in sa.
After correcting those things,it seemed to work as it should,until the other day when I fired 15 rounds of 130 grain wwb thru it,it seemed as the trigger was catching on reset,but worked fine otherwise.
When I cleaned it,I noticed that the trigger would hang to the rear,and would have to push it forward to get it to reset,I guess the recoil while firing jarred it enough to keep it from hanging up during live fire,
Any ideas?Or should I just send it in?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Make sure the trigger return spring is there and not broken.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you push on the rear of the trigger,a small amount,the trigger will snap forward.
I was hoping to find an assembly guide,like the one for the Taurus revolvers,but haven't come up with one yet.
Thanks for the reply,NotsoWildBill.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Sounds like something is binding the trigger when it is in the rear position. Does it do this with the side plate off ? A stray piece of dirt/sand, metal chip, or even a ball cotton could give you fits. Good Luck

·
Premium Member
14,139 Posts
If you push on the rear of the trigger,a small amount,the trigger will snap forward.
I was hoping to find an assembly guide,like the one for the Taurus revolvers,but haven't come up with one yet.
Thanks for the reply,NotsoWildBill.
There is a very detailed thread at another forum on the Smith & Wesson Model 10. The Rossi is based on that. You will have to become a member there to see the photos.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.