Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at a Rossi 351 with a 3" bbl for $319.

Is that a good price?

Never owned a Rossi before.

·
32,527 Posts
Two things to cover. The 3" are rare but good guns. No, they are not collector pieces. Just solid revolvers.
Second thing. Is that a used or new gun being offered by the seller. I've seen several at GunsAmerica Buy Guns Online and Sell Guns Online - Gun Auctions off and on. Those were used items.

I see according to some research that new Rossi 2" barrel models in blue run the gamut from $200-$289. Some are more than that and higher than the $289 seems a bit high. However, not way high. So while the 3" barrel model is a bit high IMHO that is still a good price up to a point.

3" barreled guns are easier to learn to shoot with due to the longer sight radius and a slight velocity boost over the 2" snub revolvers. The 3" barrel guns can be used as a primary piece die to this.

I would get the serial number from the seller, then contact Rossi USA Customer Service and ask the customer support person if the warranty covers that particular 351. Rossi USA can be contacted at:Customer Care Call Center
Call Toll Free: (800) 948-8029
Monday thru Friday - 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM (EST)

Phone: (305) 474-0401

OR,try this. Find out the serial number from the seller and put the number into here. Rossi USA - Find My Model I would still call Customer Service or write them at:BrazTech International L.C.
Consumer Care Department
16175 N.W. 49th Avenue,
Miami, FL 33014 and ask them that way.

I would not rush into this without exploring if Rossi USA will cover the gun or not. Just something to consider.

I find that the 3" barrel guns handle well and can do the job of a 4" barrel model for a lot of situations. Not all, but for most.

From another post of mine back in 2010.
Quote:Rossis work real well.

I can recite the case of the jeweler store owner who bought 11 Rossi 351s for his store. This is a documented case. :)

The store was robbed by two vicious killers. All eleven Rossis functioned perfectly in the fight. The score was two robbers down and out.

From another gun forum.
. Price is right though. Have had very limited shooting with these. Only a cylinder full for the models 352,351,971,and the 851. Fit and finish were adequate. Triggers were a bit heavy,but manageable. Cylinders were tight compared to some of the Taurus revolvers I have shot. Function and fit were good. I have older Taurus revolvers that are tight compared to some of the newer ones. There is the documented robbery of a jewelry store out west. The owner and his employees shot it out with 2 thugs who were armed with a sawed off double barrel shotgun and a pistol. Both robbers lost the gunfight and were severely wounded. What made this unique was the owner had purchased 11 Rossi 351 revolvers and placed them all around the store. All the revolvers were emptied except for one, which had only a couple of shots left in it. The owner used a shotgun to take out the shotgun toting thug. No employees were hurt in the exchange of gunfire. After the fracus, the owner purchased more Rossis. That is a very good endorsement as one can find. So good luck in your purchase search. End of Quote.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Good gun but the price is a tad too much....

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have the 2 inch model and paid
$280 for it. What ever you do, do not dry fire it without snap caps. I did that to try and loosen up the trigger pull and the firing pin broke. After reading different forums, this is common in Rossi revolvers.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the valuable info. The reason I'm looking at this one is I have 2" and 4" revolvers (Rock Island 206 & 200) and was looking for a 3" to round out the stable.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts