Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the Rossi 22 mag over a month ago and used it one say where the charging handle was missing after firing a few rounds. I could not find the charging handle and took it back to the gun shop. They sent it back to Taurus which took about 4 weeks. After getting the rifle back i used it today and the charging handle came off multiple times. I hesitate sending the rifle back after different reviews that I read. Does anyone know what the issue is and how to fix?

·
Super Moderator
38,569 Posts
Welcome from Northern Illinois. I don't own one, so cannot advise on the operation or remedy, but someone should be along to weight in. Good luck with it.

·
9,229 Posts
Sorry Kevin. Welcome aboard. I also had problems with the charging handle. First rifle - broke in shipping, replacement rifle had charging handle and mag issues. Sent back again for fail to lock back either by an empty mag or using the charging handle to try and lock. Came back and seemed to finally be ok. I took it my LGS and explained my history with it. He took it in trade for $100 value. I was pleased and forgot about trying to run a semi auto 22 mag. Now own a savage minimalist 22 wmr bolt action. I'd say send it back to Taurus again. The issue is the bolt pieces responsible for locking the handle in place. The geometry and fit can cause issues. Taurus will eventually get it right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry Kevin. Welcome aboard. I also had problems with the charging handle. First rifle - broke in shipping, replacement rifle had charging handle and mag issues. Sent back again for fail to lock back either by an empty mag or using the charging handle to try and lock. Came back and seemed to finally be ok. I took it my LGS and explained my history with it. He took it in trade for $100 value. I was pleased and forgot about trying to run a semi auto 22 mag. Now own a savage minimalist 22 wmr bolt action. I'd say send it back to Taurus again. The issue is the bolt pieces responsible for locking the handle in place. The geometry and fit can cause issues. Taurus will eventually get it right.
Thank you very much for your response as this is helpful. I contacted Taurus this morning so it will be interesting to see what their response is. I actually like the rifle, the real concern I have is the charging handle. I am considering to purchase a Henry lever action 22 mag rifle.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I too purchased a Rossi 22 mag RS22W about 10 days ago. Took it to the range, and the charging handle went missing after the 7th magazine shot. Could not find it anywhere. I really dont want to send it to Rossi for warranty and wait for months to get it back. I just wanted to buy the replacement part shown on their website ($3.99). But they are out of stock. I called Rossi and spoke to a nice lady, but she said they have no idea when they will get the replacement parts in. That tells me they must sell a lot of those charging handles that go missing.

·
9,229 Posts
So frustrating, my issues with this rifle happened two years ago. I purchased one right after product announcement. I hoped they would re design the handle lock parts since then. Guess not! However my rossi Rs22 runs like a champ.

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,541 Posts
Come on everybody knows the way to fix everything is Ducktape.
Were you and olfarhors separated at birth?
😂😂😂

1 - 8 of 8 Posts