1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
I saw that last night on TV. It's a shame when people who have no respect for the law make things difficult for the rest of us.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This article isn't just about background checks, between the lines, it about guns in general. But here is the spin in the article:

"We were watching from nearby vans as our buyers paid cash for a tactical assault rifle "modified" to use bullets for an AK-47, along with an easy-to-conceal pistol – no questions asked."

I thought an AK47 was an "Assault" rifle. And if he knows anything about "Assault" rifles he should know that you can get it configured to just about anything. You don't have to modify it. The AK uses 7.62X39 which is underpowered compared to an M14 which uses a 7.62X51 or 308.

"For our next meeting, we bought a Glock-23 with hollow-point bullets, made to inflict serious internal damage,

Guess he lives in Jersey.

Another seller showed up with a tactical shotgun, an assault rifle and his 7-year-old son. I wish my dad had that kind of arsenal when I was young.

"But the scariest transaction came after dark in a pharmacy parking lot. The online ad was for a 50-caliber sniper rifle, the most powerful gun legally sold in the U.S.: bullet range 5 miles. It can pierce armored vehicles, even bring down a helicopter."

"Within 12 hours, we bought eight dangerous guns"

All guns are dangerous.

"We bought everything from a police-grade pistol to a semiautomatic assault rifle."

I guess "Police-grade" firearms are EVIL.

Just another not so masked attack on guns in general.

OK, I'm done

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yes. Rossen is correct. It is a major loophole. But wait... uh what are those loopholes? Well one is the 2nd amendment of the US Constitution guarantees my rights to keep and bear arms. Another is the 10th amendment guarantees me all rights not otherwise assigned. (like the rights to sell those guns)

Here in North Carolina, when I sell a firearm, I do a bill of sale. I collect the name, address and NC drivers license number of the person I sell it to. That is per NC State Law. If the firearm is a pistol, I also collect a pistol purchase permit (which requires a background check) or a number from their concealed carry permit (which also requires a background check) and I save that information. SO - NC is more restrictive.

Still, it REALLY irritates me that someone considers a constitutional amendment as a "loophole in the law."

I also was really ticked off by the way he ripped off the Vibe from Chris Hansen and his "Dateline NBC To Catch A Predator" series... Swooping cameras, serious music, provocative wording. "Hey, that .50 cal should shoot down a helocopter! Why did you sell it to him?"

The difference is that Chris Hansen used to do that to people who were soliciting minors for sex. That is a bit different because hmmm - what is *whats the wording* oh yeah -uh - Child molestation is ILLEGAL. No loophole there. I wondered at first why Chris Hansen isn't doing that anymore, and why they pulled Jeff Rossen from the Charlie Sheen duty. Oh yeah, I forgot, Chris Hansen allegedly got videotaped.

*sigh* I could rant about this... NBC got a big -1 for this.

·
Registered
705 Posts
"Some say it’s a major loophole in the law." That's right - some do say it. Why? Because they're freakin' ignorant, that's why. A loophole is "a means or opportunity of evading a rule, law, etc." Has any law been passed that regulates private sales? No? Then a private sale is not taking advantage of a "loophole." It's as simple as that. There is no "gun show loophole.' There is no "private sale loophole." There is no "loophole" for any firearms sales whatso-freaking-ever. Anyone using such an obviously biased and nonsensical term should simply be dismissed. I mean seriously - a "police-grade pistol"?!?!?!?!? Just what is that exactly??? LOL

Reactions: h20joe

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
More anti-gunner dreck.
Anyone who knowingly arms a prohibited person is a criminal, and the prohibited person commits a crime by buying a weapon.
Enforce the laws we already have and the problem goes away, unless you have another agenda???

Reactions: bjdbw

·
Registered
84 Posts
"Some say it’s a major loophole in the law." That's right - some do say it. Why? Because they're freakin' ignorant, that's why. A loophole is "a means or opportunity of evading a rule, law, etc." Has any law been passed that regulates private sales? No? Then a private sale is not taking advantage of a "loophole." It's as simple as that. There is no "gun show loophole.' There is no "private sale loophole." There is no "loophole" for any firearms sales whatso-freaking-ever. Anyone using such an obviously biased and nonsensical term should simply be dismissed. I mean seriously - a "police-grade pistol"?!?!?!?!? Just what is that exactly??? LOL
Exactly, I have to assume that these hundreds of websites that they are talking about (since they name none of them) are classified sites like armslist.com (private sales). It's also nice that they use the generic "online sales" classification when they aren't online sales at all in order to give actual online dealers a bad name.

Does anyone know what the bill is they mention?

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
There are already laws that restrict sales of guns to non-residents in many states so what is passing more laws going to accomplish? If a person is willing to break existing laws do these people think new laws will stop them?

Yes when ever I sell a gun to somebody even if I know them personally I get a signed bill of sale with the date, persons name, Address, and DL# describing the gun and the price. There is no requirement that I file this with any government agency, but it does cover my butt if it turns up at a crime scene.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I would love to take his microphone and that big ass camera and shove it right (insert imaginative description here) I mean that guy is re-tar-ded those weren't online purchases they were FTF and totally legal except that 50cal which has to be registered with the ATF and all that fingerprint and DNA crap.. and I agree WTH is a Police Grade Pistol?, Police use the same friggen carry weapons everyday citizens use since they have to follow laws too... Not to mention most cops buy their weapons at the same places we do... If they aren't a mandated carry and supplied by the dept that is... I am all for freedom in the press but NBC and many of its affiliates have just become total disinformation machines about everything and not just Obamanation....

·
Registered
32,094 Posts
I do ask one question? Do you have Cash?

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Hey guys if they think it is easy here they ought to try many other countries with stricter laws, it is just as easy there with out the BS of pretending.

·
Premium Member
11,203 Posts
The report was an attempt to lay the ground work to outlaw private sales of any firearm. The next step would be to have "safe" gun storage, which would require all privately owned firearms to be stored at a federally licensed "gun club". This is exactly the same path England took to their gun control laws.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Why do people hate guns so much? I mean our country was founded on the right to have guns since the British under King Henry outlawed guns for anyone that wasn't of noble decent. Which was out of paranoia and fear of the noble class being over thrown by peasants. Why don't these ant-gunners go after the real threats like the drug dealers, gangsters, Neo Nazi's, and other fringe groups that shouldn't have guns? I mean the average American only has a gun for a hobby or a SHTF event and they obey all the laws.(even though a lot of them are stupid and in no way prevent anything illegal from happening) So why pick on us? It doesn't make any sense, the more I read and see about these Anti-Gun A$$holes the more I think they should be dragged out in the street and shot with the very weapon they fear, because most of them are too stupid and closed minded to be breeding. I mean the Cops can't save us, the Military would be the ones to come take guns away from us.. So that's why we have THEM.....

BTW if it was that easy to get guns and collect an arsenal.. Then every patriotic, red blooded, preperation minded American, with any money would have 20 guns in the house for a rainy SHTF day....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts