Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like every time I turn around, I find out I'm missing out on some more good info on a forum new to me. The surprise will wear off eventually, I suppose, but am glad to have had this one recommended to me, and I'm entering with a sack full of "can you help" and not much in the way of "here you go", yet.

I'm interested in trying out a .40 S&W pistol and am seriously considering the PT-100 or 101 because of all the good I've heard on the 92's. Do the .40s of this type have the same accurate, reliable, tough history as the 9mms?

Good to be here; I'll start looking around and see what I can absorb in the forums. thanks -- bowhair ;D By the way, do the T-shirts come in black? :D

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
:) Welcome aboard Bowhair, glad to see you made it.

I would think at least one or two of the other forum members have had experiences with the PT100/101 Series and can provide you with a little of their insight.

·
32,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum Bowhair.
This question would get more play in the Taurus Semi-auto Board than here. Go ahead and start a thread there. Then more responses will be coming your way.
I am not about to put this thread there in the Semi-auto board itself as then there woukd be none here. ;D

Having no experience with PT100s and 101s all I can tell you is that model seems to have as good a service record as the 92s. There have been no counter claims to that in tactical journals or police magazines. Only that the 100 series be considered by officers and civilians if they want to step up to a .40S&W caliber rather than have a 9x19 caliber.

·
Registered
279 Posts
my first pistol was a pt100 AFS ( stainless). i love it. shoots just about anything you want to put in it. It is very accurate, rugged and reliable.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Welcome Bowhair. I have a 92AF and a PT101AF. Love them both, but am selling the 40. For just $400 you can check out my 101. Really, I hate to sell it cause it is a great shooter. You will like it if you find one. I got the rear sight dialed in and it's a nice stable gun. And yes, the T shirts come in black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts