·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Warning: Robber dies very graphic

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Wow! First week on the job. Tough way to start a new gig.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Dirtbag 0 : LEO +1 I personally would have made a melon shot, just saying.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Dont think he should have shot when he did, if it would have over penetrated it would have hit the worker as well.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Looks like an adrenaline dump to me, and he still did his job! Good for him and good riddance to el dirtbag!

·
Banned
171 Posts
Anyone else notice that until he decided to shoot the saftey was on and he tried to take the first shot and the saftey was still on. Lucky the robber didnt fire at him first.

Always a lesson to be learned from these experiances.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone else notice that until he decided to shoot the saftey was on and he tried to take the first shot and the saftey was still on. Lucky the robber didnt fire at him first.

Always a lesson to be learned from these experiances.
Yes I noticed because he the cop flinched as he pulled the trigger anticipating the shot. Lucking the 24/7 is both single and double action so he was still able to fire it.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Gotta' love a story with a happy ending...for the officer and hotel clerk, that is.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Lucking the 24/7 is both single and double action so he was still able to fire it.
Yea his flinch was bad. Hopefully this makes him decide to train a little more.

Can you help me out with this part? What does the pistol SA/DA have to do with the safety being on? Not being a smarty just curious.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea his flinch was bad. Hopefully this makes him decide to train a little more.

Can you help me out with this part? What does the pistol SA/DA have to do with the safety being on? Not being a smarty just curious.
Well we dont know if was on safe or de-cocked position, if it was de-cocked he should still be able to fire it double action right? Been a while since I had one so I am not really sure exactly how it works.

·
Banned
171 Posts
Correct if it was de-cocked however if you watch again his off hand thumb comes up and sweeps the safety off after the first flinch.

Yes I know its Monday morning quarterbacking but there is still lessons to be learned and glad the robber was the only one shot. Speaking of which I do believe the robber gets a shot of as he falls and it goes into the counter.

·
Registered
31,904 Posts
Also, notice he kept shooting until the threat was totally ended. I just thought he should have rattled them off faster. That wasn't a time to be worrying about the cost of Ammo!

Reactions: sandman 11 and EBK

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
That clerk is just lucky that this officer came buy. We all know that often the innocents get killed for complying with the demands.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Glad things happened to turn out the way it should with the BG eating lead. However, and I am not criticizing for I have never been in this situation, but did you notice how many times the gun almost jumps from his hand?

·
Banned
171 Posts
That clerk is just lucky that this officer came buy. We all know that often the innocents get killed for complying with the demands.
"Never depend on the kindness of criminals"

That is my motto not sure where it came from but makes tons of sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Watching a trained police officer hesitate and flinch makes me think that one of those courses on personal defense and situational assessment would be a great investment instead of just shooting at paper targets. Without any training, most of us are going to make the same mistakes this cop did and probably a lot worse. My 2 cents.

·
Registered
612 Posts
that was a little odd.. looks like the worker did most of the work restraining.. Its ez to say you'd do things differently when watching from the safety of your computer room.. great job nonetheless..

1 - 20 of 31 Posts