Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got to shoot today, even though I only received the gun Saturday it has seemed like an eternity.

The range near the house is going through a legal battle and I was prepared to drive 40 miles to go to a range when my boss said I could go out to his place 30 miles away and not have to pay a range fee, score!

Shot 168 rounds, ZERO malfunctions! Not too shabby for 60 year old military surplus.

The sights are set up for six o'clock hold and this was the best I was able to manage:

Red Font Room Art Love

Hear are some at 20 yard first two mags before I figured out it wasn't point of aim point of impact:

Target archery Archery Shooting sport Recreation

The only issue I have with the gun is my big 'ole hand was getting in the way and I experienced some slide bite:

Skin Joint Scar Nose Hand

Ill wear gloves next time, this was a great outing.

No Malfunctions!

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

Reactions: Argos

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
You're making it more difficult for me to resist going on a quest for another gun. That's a neat looking pistol. Although a little heavy, it looks slim enough to disappear carried IWB.
Keep shooting. Keep safe.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're making it more difficult for me to resist going on a quest for another gun. That's a neat looking pistol. Although a little heavy, it looks slim enough to disappear carried IWB.
Keep shooting. Keep safe.
I definitely recommend one and S.O.G. distribution seems to have some quality ones right now. It is very slim and not having owned an all steal frame pistol before the weight does take some getting used to. After ~160 rounds I was a little worn out.

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Ouch dont ya love that slide bite nice range report
jhp

·
Registered
30 Posts
Finally got to shoot today, even though I only received the gun Saturday it has seemed like an eternity.

The range near the house is going through a legal battle and I was prepared to drive 40 miles to go to a range when my boss said I could go out to his place 30 miles away and not have to pay a range fee, score!
When I hear you guys talking about having to find a range to shoot at, it makes me feel lucky that I live in the Free state of Nevada.

Congrats on the new gun and nice shooting.

Have you found a source for cheap surplus ammo?

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When I hear you guys talking about having to find a range to shoot at, it makes me feel lucky that I live in the Free state of Nevada.
Waco Texas: small town of 127k. There are lots of ranges in the big cities.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Congrats on the new addition. Nice shooting for having just met!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts