Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I thought that I was buying a Yugoslavian M57 and I actually got a Romanian TTC and let me tell you this gun is clean! I paid an additional $10 for them to "hand select" one for me and they weren't lying I got a very good one.

Matching serial numbers, too.

I stripped it down and that couldn't be easier either. You remove the front barrel bushing and move a locking clip on the right side of the slide back, remove the slide release and the whole slide slides off.

The hammer assembly slides right off in one unit too.

There wasn't any cosmoline on it and it looked like it had been oiled so I whipped it down and re oiled it.

The rifleing is in very good shape; I'm actually shocked.

1953 is stamped on the side next to the serial number; this baby is in great shape.

Will add my shooting impressions at a later date when I get to shoot.

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your "new" firearm.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Where did you get it? I bought a Polish one made at the "Radom" factory from J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. Mine is in "as new" condition too. That 7.62 X 25 is a hot little round. Have fun!

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Nice one - looking forward to a range report! :cool:

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did you get it? I bought a Polish one made at the "Radom" factory from J&G Sales in Prescott, AZ. Mine is in "as new" condition too. That 7.62 X 25 is a hot little round. Have fun!
My buddies father is LGS and I ordered it from him out of a catalogue and the distributor is S.O.G.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
That's a great looking gun and after doing a little research on the round, I find myself looking for "just one more" gotta have pistol.
Enjoy it in good health.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Reactions: nechaev

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The spiral into lunacy has started.

Just ordered a compensator and two extra mags with grip extensions, and haven't even shot it yet; that's this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
Those are very nice photos Texheim....

I enjoy the 7.62X25 cartridge. I have the TT33 as well as the CZ52 (they are both CCR). The CZ52, I feel has more felt recoil so many prefer the TT over the CZ.

The frame on the CZ is thin but long and there is a "hump" at the web that positions the gun high in the hand. This puts the slide/barrel higher in the hand than other pistols and creates more felt recoil.

Here is a photo of the 7.62X25 being fired taken in daylight. As you can see, it has a noticeable muzzle blast...

Don

·
Registered
30 Posts
One day I will have one of these. I have been looking into the new Zastava version in 9mm. I believe its the M75 or M88. I just like the utilitarian, no frills feel.

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I had a feeling this wasn't going to be a good range trip and it wasn't. The range was shut down because the D bag neighbor who moved in knowing there was a gun range next door has an injunction against the range. He says he has 75 examples of "penetration" from the range that he's collected off his property from the range but wasn't able to produce any of those said examples in court.

Great.

Sent from an undisclosed underground location by fingerless monkeys using Tapatalk.

·
Banned
1,997 Posts
I've got a few pistols in 7.62X25. Chine M 54 Toka, CZ-52, PPS43C, and a Colefire/Sterling pistol. The good thing I bought a piss load of the ammo back in 2010 when it was cheaper than dirt in sardeens cans.

·
Registered
306 Posts
My buddies father is LGS and I ordered it from him out of a catalogue and the distributor is S.O.G.
Couple of questions. Are you able to get ammo for it, also once you are able to shoot it can you give a pros/cons on it??

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Reactions: Argos

·
Registered
911 Posts
I load my own pills for 7.62x25. Starline Brass. I am the guy running after his brass every mag. Gets old sometimes but I make sure not one piece goes missing. My own rounds are superior to the factory and cost a lot less. When running powdercoat-jacketed lead that I cast it is about... 4c a round and is very accurate. The tok and the CZ are both great firearms. In many ways the 7.62x25 is the grand-daddy to 357SIG and 5.7FN Both being bottle necked short rounds for use in pistols and sub-machine guns (in the 5.7FN's case).

You've got a good gun there. Enjoy it.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Well. now you did it. Tex. I took a ride to one of my LGS where I seem to recall having seen a Tokerov or two over the years. Just as I was about to ask if he had seen any lately, I spied a brand new Yugoslavian M57 TT Tokarev Pistol - 7.62x25 caliber sitting in the case. It has a slide mounted safety, no lanyard loop, and comes with a case, two mags, and manual. Made by Zastava in Yugoslavia, it has a pretty nice deep black finish and feels great in the hand and comes up to point as easily as a good 1911. I asked to see the ammo and he obliged and had about a dozen boxes of 70 rounds at a fairly reasonable price. The nicest part is he HAS ammo. The gun is really slim and felt okay sliding it into my waistband. A barrel one inch shorter would make it a perfect carry, but that hot round really needs the 5 inch barrel .So, long story short, I'll pick it up next Friday. He knows me well and told me to take my pictures while he got the paperwork ready and he handed me a box of ammo (on the house) so I'd have something to look at during the interminable Rhode Island waiting period. Here's a fuzzy camera phone photo. I'll take some good shots of it and provide a thorough range report as soon as I clean it and get out to the backyard. Dang ... just what I needed was another caliber.
Gun Firearm Trigger Starting pistol Gun accessory

Reactions: Texheim

·
Registered
911 Posts
Well. now you did it. Tex. I took a ride to one of my LGS where I seem to recall having seen a Tokerov or two over the years. Just as I was about to ask if he had seen any lately, I spied a brand new Yugoslavian M57 TT Tokarev Pistol - 7.62x25 caliber sitting in the case. It has a slide mounted safety, no lanyard loop, and comes with a case, two mags, and manual. Made by Zastava in Yugoslavia, it has a pretty nice deep black finish and feels great in the hand and comes up to point as easily as a good 1911. I asked to see the ammo and he obliged and had about a dozen boxes of 70 rounds at a fairly reasonable price. The nicest part is he HAS ammo. The gun is really slim and felt okay sliding it into my waistband. A barrel one inch shorter would make it a perfect carry, but that hot round really needs the 5 inch barrel .So, long story short, I'll pick it up next Friday. He knows me well and told me to take my pictures while he got the paperwork ready and he handed me a box of ammo (on the house) so I'd have something to look at during the interminable Rhode Island waiting period. Here's a fuzzy camera phone photo. I'll take some good shots of it and provide a thorough range report as soon as I clean it and get out to the backyard. Dang ... just what I needed was another caliber.
View attachment 55959
Watch out you'll fall in love with it. Bottleneck cartridges are great. I like the slim lines as well. It conceals easily even at full length because of the slim lines. The down side is the weight. It is pretty damn heavy, steel guns are a real drag that way. The round should stabilize out of a shortened barrel and you probably could smith a snubby if you really wanted to out of the TT series of guns. It would still be pretty weighty.

Reactions: nechaev

·
Registered
171 Posts
Excellent purchase! A true Romanian beauty. I have had an opportunity to fire a Polish Tokarev at surplus police body armor at about ten yards, and had similar results of penetration. I believe it was level 2a if I remember correctly. Enjoy your new pistol.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
One day I will have one of these. I have been looking into the new Zastava version in 9mm. I believe its the M75 or M88. I just like the utilitarian, no frills feel.
It's the Zastava M70a. I bought one. I loved the way the gun felt in my hand, and loved the Eastern European utilitarian vibe, but didn't really care for the gun when I shot it. Had lots of jams, but I think those might've smoothed out over time. Didn't know if it was that the gun just didn't work well in 9mm. In retrospect, I sort of wished I'd ordered the 7.62 x 25 version. JMO. Maybe you'll have luck with yours.

Oh, it was very accurate, though. Best wishes.

·
Registered
911 Posts
The 9mm do tend to jam more. The firearm is engineered for a bottlenecked cartridge. You could get 9mm barrels for your Toks and CZs but most people stopped using them because they were less reliable.

Reactions: Rossi
1 - 20 of 22 Posts