Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forum and could not find this...

Have a 20+ year old Model 85 (2" barrel, .38 special, 5 shot revolver) and it appears the rolled metal pin the helps to stabilize the grip is missing. Anyone know where I can buy this? This is the metal rolled pin near the bottom that feeds through the metal frame of the Model 85.

Thanks in Advance,
Mark

·
8,409 Posts
I've looked around at the usual sites no luck on the cross pin. Oh and welcome to the forum. It may be easier to check hardware stores or HArbor Freight for a collection of roll pins, hopefully one will fit. I use those and a dremel cutoff wheel to replace pins. Also try using an old drill bit, or nail that fits the hole and cutoff the excess. This pin doesn't have a lot of stress on it, so most any material will do the job.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked around at the usual sites no luck on the cross pin. Oh and welcome to the forum. It may be easier to check hardware stores or HArbor Freight for a collection of roll pins, hopefully one will fit. I use those and a dremel cutoff wheel to replace pins. Also try using an old drill bit, or nail that fits the hole and cutoff the excess. This pin doesn't have a lot of stress on it, so most any material will do the job.
Thank you for the advice and warm welcome! I have some shopping around to do!

- Mark

·
Registered
50 Posts
If anyone knows or finds out the dimensions, I may have some.
When I get my rainy day project underway installing the Galloway spring kit in my 856UL I can measure with calipers. I'll assume those grip roll pins are all the same diameter.
Be nice if those would take setscrews similar to aftermarket AR15 trigger guards.

·
Registered
50 Posts
1/8 inch roll pin. I have roll pin punch set. Took the grips off my 856UL last night to do Galloway Precision spring swap.
I'll have to look through my tackle box of roll pins.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts